Wrote an app to keep up with new record releases

I wanted a simple way to view new vinyl releases/reissues, so I wrote an app: http://fresh-records.com/

Features include:

• Find record on Discogs (if available)
  • Preview on Spotify (if available)
  • Wish list (when a record in your wish list is released, you'll receive an email notification)
  • Follow artists (when a record for an artist you're following is released, you'll receive an email notification)

Suggestions and comments welcomed!

Note: The Amazon link has a referral code in it.

Sounds like a great idea, as I'm always on mobile sometimes my news sites are a little unreliable unless being viewed via desktop. Will check this out later, thanks!

Awesome, please let me know your thoughts. It's responsive, so should work fine on mobile. I may do a native mobile version at some point down the line.

is discogs your only source of release information?

what are the advantages over just using discogs?

I actually use Amazon and link to Discogs if available there. If i'm not mistaken, Discogs doesn't have the capability to browse by new releases  (i.e. by record release-date), but rather by new additions to the market place (i.e. the date a record was posted for sale on discogs).

I could be wrong, but I just wanted a way to simply see what new records are out.

It looks good, which is always a plus. It would be nice if there was a way to give you a list based on stuff you like so that you aren't flooded with a slew of records irrelevant to your tastes, without having to create a list of artists in this standalone app. If you're pulling the info off discogs, perhaps it could read your "already have" records and show you new releases by THOSE artists first?

It looks good, which is always a plus. It would be nice if there was a way to give you a list based on stuff you like so that you aren't flooded with a slew of records irrelevant to your tastes, without having to create a list of artists in this standalone app. If you're pulling the info off discogs, perhaps it could read your "already have" records and show you new releases by THOSE artists first?

That's a good idea. I was also thinking about adding an option to pull artists from a user's last.fm account.