Project Pabst Festival - Portland OR - July 18-19

Portland Project Pabst Festival (July 18-19) lineup announced today.

$60 for both days.

http://projectpabst.com/event/

Main Festival

Saturday

Blondie

TV on the Radio

Against Me!

Run The Jewels

Thee Oh Sees

The Velvet Teen

Priory

Hustle and Drone

Sunday

Weezer

Passion Pit

The Buzzcocks

The Both (Aimee Mann / Ted Leo)

Alvvays

Terry and Louie

Wampire

Wild Ones

Night Shows

Friday

Crystal Ballroom - TBD

Dantes -  The Spits/The Epoxies

Star Theater- The Sonics/Pierced Arrows

Revolution Hall - Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Doug Fir - Shannon and the Clams

Mississippi Studios - Tacocat

Ash St Saloon - TBD

Saturday

Crystal Ballroom - BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah/Del The Funky Homosapien

Dantes -  Oblivians/Pure Country Gold

Star Theater- Roky Erickson/The Pynnacles

Revolution Hall - Earth

Doug Fir - Jeremy Wison/Fernando/Mike Coykendall

Mississippi Studios - The Coathangers

Ash St Saloon - TBD

Sunday

Dantes - The Mummies

Not a single band on there I would see even for free, although I don't mind Against Me. Last year's was pretty bad too but at least I got to see Built to Spill and almost saw GBV (before they broke up) at shows outside of the main event. Hoping a couple good bands play around then this year. I wonder why it is so early this year. It hasn't even been six months since the last one happened and they are already announcing a new one for July?

• 1 month later...

I'm so beyond sold.

The Sonics

Earth

Weezer

BADBADNOTGOOD / Del

Roky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, I'm going to miss Earth, but I never thought I would get to see Roky. Holy fuck. And for only $15.

Friday - The Sonics or Preservation Jazz Band

Saturday - Blondie / Roky

Sunday - Weezer / Buzzcocks

I'm so beyond sold.

The Sonics

Earth

Weezer

BADBADNOTGOOD / Del

Roky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck, I'm going to miss Earth, but I never thought I would get to see Roky. Holy fuck. And for only $15.

Friday - The Sonics or Preservation Jazz Band

Saturday - Blondie / Roky

Sunday - Weezer / Buzzcocks

I saw Roky in Portland back in 2008.  I will say that I enjoyed it but it was more like paying my respects than anything.

I also saw the Sonics in Seattle that trip and it was just after they started playing again.   The show was at some sit down theatery type place and it was only OK.  However, I saw them in Chicago last year and they were back in fighting form and it was amazing.

If you're on the fence, I strongly encourage you to catch the Sonics (FOR TEN DOLLARS).  Plus it's like a block away from the Oblivians show.

I saw Roky in Portland back in 2008.  I will say that I enjoyed it but it was more like paying my respects than anything.

I also saw the Sonics in Seattle that trip and it was just after they started playing again.   The show was at some sit down theatery type place and it was only OK.  However, I saw them in Chicago last year and they were back in fighting form and it was amazing.

If you're on the fence, I strongly encourage you to catch the Sonics (FOR TEN DOLLARS).  Plus it's like a block away from the Oblivians show.

I'm really surprised he has come back from his mental state to be playing again. I know it's not going to be like seeing him in his former glory, but that's ok. I use said it's more of paying respects, which is still awesome. I never though I would get to see him.

I heard the Sonics are writing new music too. I think I'll see them over Preservation just cause I've been listening to the Sonics for so long. And it's cheaper than Preservation, so I'm sure I'll end up going to see the Sonics.

I'm really surprised he has come back from his mental state to be playing again. I know it's not going to be like seeing him in his former glory, but that's ok. I use said it's more of paying respects, which is still awesome. I never though I would get to see him.

I heard the Sonics are writing new music too. I think I'll see them over Preservation just cause I've been listening to the Sonics for so long. And it's cheaper than Preservation, so I'm sure I'll end up going to see the Sonics.

They have a new record out and it's actually pretty good. Not really as dark as their iconic early stuff but it's solid rock and roll.