Euro Going Down

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/13/this-is-why-the-euro-is-collapsing/

Going down in value of course. Apparently its going to be less than a US dollar by the summer. 

This pertains to us since it makes purchases from Euro distros easier. And in a strange way would make purchasing from Euro distros cheaper than buying from US distros that have European releases.

Case in point, Deathwish had the Raein LP for around $18 PPD.

But, if you go to the React With Protest (Euro) store you could get the same LP now for $12.50 PPD! That's more than a $5 savings!

Of course you would still have to gamble on waiting for your LP to arrive, if it arrives at all, but hey that's the name of the game.

Its interesting to see how much lower the Euro goes.

Anyone else interested in getting some Euro releases?

wait a record from Europe is $12 ppd. How is that possible. Exchange rate or not that makes no sense.

That's just how low the Euro is going.

The LP was 9 euros with a 3.50 euro postage quote from React with Protest. Brings it to a total of about $12.50!

The exchange rate right now is almost 1 Euro to 1 USD

Buying records from the US always sucked since USPS raised their rates, but now with the exchange rates going down I haven't bought anything abroad for a while. Good for you Americans, but for all Europeans it's a nightmare.

Sorry to hear about that bro

I thought about how it would be more expensive for you guys to buy from the US.

Hopefully the lowered exchange rate brings more US investment into Europe to help out your economy.

3.50€ is only possible in Germany though. There's a loophole which allows to send records up to 500g for that cheap (or 1000g for 7€).

I've grabbed quite a few things from Germany over the last couple of months.  I can't believe how cheap the shipping was, which included insurance/tracking.  It also actually took less time to get from Germany to the US than it did to get from NY to NC.  

Looks like the times of amazingly cheap records bought from amazon.com are over for now...

tru dat. The secondary sellers were locked into something like $3.99 shipping, then with the higher Euro value, things would come out to 7 -8 euros or more cheaper than anywhere else.

I never had any problems with overseas shipping.  One record arrived a bit warped, but playable, but I can't say that was from shipping.  

Anyway, getting deals on vinyl is probably the last thing to be worrying about regarding the dropping Euro (and it's not like the reason it's dropping is because the dollar is doing so great), but it still sucks!