THIS ATLANTA FESTIVAL 8/12-13 (Quicksand, Thursday, Dino JR, Jehu, MORE)

Cwhit! Let's party.

Yooooo if you have a place to stay that'd be sick, convincing my parts to handle this as a sort of combined birthday/graduation gift or something but anything to make everyone's lives easier would be amazing. of course i'm not trying to impose and i'm not 100% sure what's going on as now, but it'd be awesome to hang with ya

If anyone needs hotel advice or advice in general about Atlanta, let me know.

I'll see how many I could house, but as I said before, my space is super limited. I could check with friends as it gets closer and maybe keep one or two at my apartment.

Thanks for the help with information.  The only issue I see is getting a hotel and trying to find parking before the shows.  But I really wanna make the trip North for this.  It would be my b-day present.

Thanks for the help with information. The only issue I see is getting a hotel and trying to find parking before the shows. But I really wanna make the trip North for this. It would be my b-day present.

There are no real hotels within walking distance and Marta doesn't really go to the Masquerade (about a mile+ walk).

However, I can actually help with parking for a few people if needed at my conplex. Shouldn't be a problem.

There are no real hotels within walking distance and Marta doesn't really go to the Masquerade (about a mile+ walk).

However, I can actually help with parking for a few people if needed at my conplex. Shouldn't be a problem.

If parking could be provided I would 100% buy you a drink or two!

Oh man, this sounds hella fun. Count me as "I'll be there provided I can scrape up enough spare cash for the ticket."

In terms of things to do...visiting Little 5 Points is a must. Great record stores, decent vintage shops, and The Vortex. Other than that, there are plenty of good restaurants, a few decent malls in the metro area (Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, and Perimeter Mall; all accessible by MARTA), some good art museums (also accessible by MARTA), and some nice parks and walking trails.The Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta SkyView (big-ass ferris wheel), and the World of Coke are all in or near Centennial Olympic Park in the downtown area. The bar/observation deck on the top floor of the Westin is pretty cool, too: a panoramic view of the metro area and beyond at 800 feet. Also, Six Flags is like fifteen minutes west of downtown, if that's something you're into.

Whatever you end up doing, be ready for a lot of driving in awful traffic or a lot of walking, even after you get off of the train.

If you need any help with anything cwhit, let me know.

yeah, definitely. my parents are just slightly worried about me doing the whole trip myself but i've assured them i know plenty of people that'll be there. now i just need to get a job to get them off my back, any help with that? hah.

i'm so ridiculously excited, how fast do you think tickets will sell, knowing the venue?

yeah, definitely. my parents are just slightly worried about me doing the whole trip myself but i've assured them i know plenty of people that'll be there. now i just need to get a job to get them off my back, any help with that? hah.

i'm so ridiculously excited, how fast do you think tickets will sell, knowing the venue?

Can't help with the job.. unless you are an architect in the Atlanta area - haha.

I think tickets will be available for a while. The Masquerade is essentially four venues in one:

Rough numbers:

Purgatory - 250-300 

Hell - 800

Heaven - 1000

Music Park - 4000

That comes to what I think should be around 6000 tickets. Which honestly doesn't sound like that many to me, but I just can't imagine it selling THAT well at least until it gets closer to the date.

I've been going to shows there for over 10 years. It'll be fun. Every band in this 'scene' has played there at some point - including some heavy hitters like Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Fugazi, Jesus and Mary Chain, Rage Against the Machine, Blur, Radiohead, etc., etc. Quite a history in 25 years.