PO: Rocky Votolato / Chuck Ragan split - Kindred Spirit

I was wondering why I didn't get a notification from Amazon on Sunday or yesterday about this getting shipped for today. Then I check my email and it says delayed and not knowing the new date. I guess everyone else who ordered from Amazon got this? I'm wondering how long it will be and if I should cancel and buy it from someone else.

No idea why people purchase records from Amazon when you can get it direct from label.

I usually do if I don't buy from a local store. I've eaten dozens of Airheads over the past 15 years from my Polyvinyl mail orders. I just bit at the $7.99 price, didn't expect this to happen. Guess I'll cancel it and order from Side One.

No idea why people purchase records from Amazon when you can get it direct from label.

7.99 - 

Free Shipping - 

We have families -

That money buys more beer - 

We only collect/listen to black vinyl - 

If the label didn't want Amazon to sell it, they wouldn't - 

7.99 - 

Free Shipping - 

We have families -

That money buys more beer - 

We only collect/listen to black vinyl - 

If the label didn't want Amazon to sell it, they wouldn't - 

I cannot refute any of those points. I think I'll go take a nap and come back to the board with a better attitude.

I haven't received it or even a shipping note. I combined it with the new Timeshares LP, but I'm pretty sure that started shipping already.

Funny enough, I emailed earlier today asking about it and just got a response with a tracking link. Give them a shout and you will probably get one as well. 

Are any of you who ordered from S.O.D. getting yours yet or a shipping notification?

Didn't get a shipping notification, but mine was here yesterday.

I'm so glad to have been exposed to Rocky's music through this- absolutely loving his songs. I'm planning to check out his discography later this week.

Didn't get a shipping notification, but mine was here yesterday.

I'm so glad to have been exposed to Rocky's music through this- absolutely loving his songs. I'm planning to check out his discography later this week.

Brief History

Suicide Medicine

Makers

= all awesome.

Check out his stuff with Waxwing also. Very good!

I found Rocky while searching for something besides punk/metal shows where I was living at the time. Saw him listed as an upcoming show, checked out his My Space, and heard Postcard from Kentucky and was instantly hooked. Bragg & Cuss is still my top fave with Suicide Medicine running a close second.

Here's my order:

Makers > Suicide Medicine > Hospital Handshakes > Brag and Cuss > Television of Saints > True Devotion >>>>>>>>>>> Burning My Travels Clean > S/T

Nobody Can Take What Everybody Owns is my favorite Waxwing record and one of my favorite records of all time. The first press is one of those records that changed how I saw vinyl - the richness and dynamic-ness of it is really something.

A little bummed that two of the three Rocky songs I already have on vinyl.

I just saw this and had to find out what you were talking about. I had no idea those bonus Kickstarter tracks were pressed on a 7" for a Euro version. Now I have to go track one of those down. Thanks a lot, man. Hey, at least I can get a little back selling the record I already have.

I just saw this and had to find out what you were talking about. I had no idea those bonus Kickstarter tracks were pressed on a 7" for a Euro version. Now I have to go track one of those down. Thanks a lot, man. Hey, at least I can get a little back selling the record I already have.

If you have any Rocky related vinyl questions, just let me know. I'm sort of the expert. :ph34r:

If you have any Rocky related vinyl questions, just let me know. I'm sort of the expert. :ph34r:

Well I just happened to double check Discogs and noticed there's also a German version of True Devotion with an extra 7". Guess I'll be adding both of those German presses to my want list. It really seems like after that I've got everything, but I'm sure you would surprise me with something else.

Well I just happened to double check Discogs and noticed there's also a German version of True Devotion with an extra 7". Guess I'll be adding both of those German presses to my want list. It really seems like after that I've got everything, but I'm sure you would surprise me with something else.

This is not extremely up-to-date, but:

https://deadformat.net/collection/gkersey

That's a good start. I don't have all the different colors like I used to, but getting close to it again.

I could point you in the direction of a test maybe. For some reason that 7" got super scarce.

Thanks anyhow. I'm not really enthused by test pressings. It's gotta have album art and be a listener for me. I feel like test pressings should go on a shelf and not be touched lol. Plus the price tag that comes along with them...

Thanks anyhow. I'm not really enthused by test pressings. It's gotta have album art and be a listener for me. I feel like test pressings should go on a shelf and not be touched lol. Plus the price tag that comes along with them...

I hear ya and understand. 

The test is super cool though ;).

SN064-ROCKY-Test1.jpg