SLAYER apreesh thread

"I'd love for everyone in heavy metal to be homosexual if not only to make the nazi fucking pricks in slayer a little uncomfortable"

Why do you say they are nazi's? and homophobic? For one they are not nazi's nor does the band condone it...i've never heard from any of the band members about gay people in general.. so i'm curious as to where you got that from...

i did hear Kerry King call UNDEROATH gay, but that's totally different.

Forgot about that other Slayer thread...guess the board police will be after me now... ;)

no such thing as too many slayer threads, man.

any band that makes up words like 'abacinate' can have multiple threads.

does anyone have any cool slayer shit?

I have a copy of the Japanese release of Reign In Blood with the obi strip still on. Not the coolest, but definitely worth 10$ cool.

no such thing as too many slayer threads, man.

any band that makes up words like 'abacinate' can have multiple threads.

does anyone have any cool slayer shit?

I have a copy of the Japanese release of Reign In Blood with the obi strip still on. Not the coolest, but definitely worth 10$ cool.

A Reign in Blood album,no matter what countries release, is still cool to have. That is probably my favorite metal album of all time...

controversial opinion: reign in blood is really not that good a record. it's fun in a jokey sort of "haha, these guys take themselves WAY too seriously" kinda way... but musically it is really not that good. i mean, sure, the dudes can play faster than anyone. and i won't lie, every once and a while i toss it on and have a good time. but musically they're just on the same level as brittney spears in terms of depth. and new slayer is BAD, like WAY BAD. anybody see their appearance on the rollins show? atrocious.

you wanna have a good laugh? look up the lyrics to that song. hey tom araya, i bet you have a lot of fun talking shit about religion? too bad you're a fucking CATHOLIC.

blah, just give me iron maiden.

controversial opinion: reign in blood is really not that good a record. it's fun in a jokey sort of "haha, these guys take themselves WAY too seriously" kinda way... but musically it is really not that good. i mean, sure, the dudes can play faster than anyone. and i won't lie, every once and a while i toss it on and have a good time. but musically they're just on the same level as brittney spears in terms of depth. and new slayer is BAD, like WAY BAD. anybody see their appearance on the rollins show? atrocious.
you wanna have a good laugh? look up the lyrics to that song. hey tom araya, i bet you have a lot of fun talking shit about religion? too bad you're a fucking CATHOLIC.

blah, just give me iron maiden.

how old are you? did you listen to this when it came out or did you listen to this late???

you do know it's voted by most people as probably one of the best thrash/speed metal albums by fans and critcs alike... of all time. Not to mention they are one of the most influential of their time. They did to speed/thrash what black sabbath did to rocknroll/metal.

and talking shit about religion is mostly KINGS and Hannemans doing...As King says in intereviews he doesnt give a shit about religion and sees it as someones crutch...therefore he makes fun of it. Alot of Reign in bloods lyrics are also by Hanneman and King who has a deep fetish with Nazi symbolish and War, since his dad was in Normandy in WWII and he always told stories..

Consider this SLAYER 101 for ya... :P

Side Note: Saw Tom Araya at Spaghetti Warehouse with his wife and kids, and his kids hat said "EVIL" my roommate had to say how cute their kids were and they both were nice enough to speak to us, even though they were about to eat dinner (as their food wasn't there yet).

^^ "You got knocked the fuck out!"

Nicely put control...speaking of Nazi and WWII references in their music, I remember when parents, critics, and anyone else who could bitch were in an uproar over the lyrics for "Angel of Death"...oy vey!

Yea, and Hanneman would explain himself and the lyrics all the time so he wouldn't be seen as a nazi sympathizer..

ANgel of Death is just BRUTAL in it's music and Lyrics. I rememeber the day i bought the damn album, and my mom took it away and wouldn't let me hear it because I got grounded for some reason and she would take my slayer records away and put them in her room on the mantlepiece for me not too touch.. it's sorta like if she was praising them...haha.. but i would always put the Reign in Blood in front just to get a kick out of it...

They played with WASP on that TOUR and the fans booed WASP (who were the headliners) offstage and were chanting SLAYER during their set... lol

SLayer probably has the most diehard fans in music. I've seen people get into fights over them. it's crazy...

My parents never gave me any shit for any of the music I listened to while growing up. They mostly told me to turn it down when I was blasting it.

The only time I ever recall they gave me shit for any music, was when I was watching a documentary (or it may have been a video), and there was a scene where people where crowd-surfing and stagediving. My father turned to me and asked, "Are those the type of concerts that you go to?!?!?"...I just chuckled and assured him that I was too old to be stagediving any more...

My parents never gave me any shit for any of the music I listened to while growing up. They mostly told me to turn it down when I was blasting it.

The only time I ever recall they gave me shit for any music, was when I was watching a documentary (or it may have been a video), and there was a scene where people where crowd-surfing and stagediving. My father turned to me and asked, "Are those the type of concerts that you go to?!?!?"...I just chuckled and assured him that I was too old to be stagediving any more...

my parents never did that... hell my mom took me to my first punk rock show when i was 13 (i'm 34 now, just so you kinda get a idea of when i went to shows). i didnt stage dive, but i did get into the pit. i got my ass handed to me, but it was fun. I bought a ANGKOR WAT shirt and a few demos of bands (as cd's weren't quite out yet). And she'd be outside waiting for me and my friends...

I'm still kinda pissed that i missed MURPHY'S LAW w/ Beastie Boys that year because i was 12 when they came through town, and my uncle wouldn't go with me because he didnt like BEASTIE BOYS, and I had to wait till i was 13 to go to shows alone. :( I did see Cro Mags that next year which was a blast!!