PO: Jim O'Rourke - Simple Songs (Drag City)

http://www.dragcity.com/products/simple-songs

Am I alone in my Jim O'Rourke fanaticism? Never seen his name come up on here. Eureka is one of my all-time favorite albums, easily. Fucking phenomenal producer, and a very interesting songwriter.

Anyway, he's putting out his first album with vocals in more than a decade, and you should check it out.

Rocks If You Like: Wilco/Jeff Tweedy, Sonic Youth, Gastr del Sol/David Grubbs, Will Oldham, pretty much anything else on Drag City.

I'm very curious to hear this. I really love Insignificance and some of his other more pop-oriented stuff. Not as into the more experimental side, but there's no doubt just how talented he is.

Have you checked out The Visitor? Or Bad Timing? Those two really show off his instrumental/experimental side, but they don't get as "wild" as his drone/noise/neo-classical work.

At least we have each other. So excited for this

My man!

Jim O'Rourke is fucking awesome for all of the reasons you listed above.

Always loved those Loose Fur records too.

Loose Fur is also great. Always been partial to his work with Gastr del Sol, though. Listening to Camoufleur as we speak.

Ugh. Sooooo many amazing records coming out this year, but if this album lives up to Eureka/Insignificance, I can say with some certainty that it'll be my AOTY.

• 3 weeks later...