PRE-ORDER:: COLARIS nexus 2xLP ::

::PRE-ORDER::

COLARIS nexus 2xLP (NAR063)

Colaris is an instrumental band from Pirmasens/Germany
The bands sound can be described as a blend of heavy, driving and melodious parts, as long as some intricate and also catchy passages. Comparisons to well known bands of the genre are up to the listener, all band members have various influences, which makes it hard to reduce it on some names. 

Three years and two releases after „Renewal“, Colaris escape into this place far beyond reality, but do not forget about the darkness and misery of the real world. Shelter, consolation or escape – the personal Nexus exists in many forms, but Colaris evoke their own Nexus, a record which songs are the result of many ups and downs in the last two years of the bands existence. The music absorbs and surrounds the listener until the Nexus finally explodes and burns out with the closing „Harvest (Nexus pt.2). 

Recorded at the Rama Studios Mannheim (Ahab, The Tidal Sleep and more), Nexus comes with a natural and rough sound, the gloomy artwork is done by Luca Solomacello (www.solomacello.it). The record will be released on vinyl and CD in association with Revolvermann Records, Narshardaa Records und Wolves and Vibrancy Records. Puzzle Records will take care of a special tape edition.

Tracklist:

1. Evoke (Nexus pt.1) 

2. Mælstrøm 
3. Lemuria 
4. Shoals 
5. Im Sog 
6. Cluster 
7. Burst 
8. Harvest (Nexus pt.2)

:: Record Information ::
:: 150 copies on BLACKvinyl 
:: 350 copies on PURPLE vinyl
:: Releasedate: 17th july 2015

I love this band for some reason - always mucho respect for trio's that get such an atmosphere going and draw you in. Very friendly and answer emails, chat, so down to earth. Jessie (guitarist) did a cover of one of my favorite Kerretta tracks on Youtube - the esoteric covering the esoteric, goosebumps!

Highly recommend their album Renewal and split with Ampersphere - that package deal price is sweet but I forgot to see how much shipping was; only 7 Euro for the new album.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got album in and cassette this week (got a spare, only 4 euro from Puzzle Records #/70).

Such a great  album - may even be better than Renewal.  A little bummed the /150 got changed to purple from black by mistake at the plant, but still sounds great.  Echoes and Dust did a nice review.

Such versatile sounds, great instrumental postrock that seems fresh to me (no formulaic approach, no wall of sound, not too much loud:soft:loud, not an EITS knock-off). Wish more would get on board for the sake of the band, however, the masses speak :)