FS: Feminist Vinyl Quotes (Wall Art?), All Money Raised Gets Donated To RAINN

SeeMoreGlass

So here's the deal. I used to be a Bill Cosby fan and had a small collection of his records before all of the allegations came out against him. I wanted to get rid of them as soon as I heard about this stuff, but didn't want to throw them away (pollution) and didn't want to trade them in because I wouldn't want money from them and no one would want to buy them. So I decided to do a little art project to raise awareness and give some money to support a great charity, as the title says, RAINN. I'm giving VC first dibs on these but after a week I will probably throw them on Etsy or something.

I Identify as a feminist and am very proud that I could take some old records from an alleged serial rapist and turn them into art containing quotes by women and about women. Hopefully you guys dig it. I only have six, but may try to find some more copies of his records when I go to a used record store and do this again if these sell well.  If nothing else, it was a fun project for me to let out some creativity. 

Prices are as follows. 

Each art piece is $25 plus $5 for shipping. So $25 will be donated and the rest will be used for shipping costs. 

They do not come framed but will fit in a record frame from Joann Fabrics and those are pretty cheap....I think they are 60% off right now so like 5 bucks a piece. 

Here you go...PM me if you are interested and I'll try to send them out the following day...

RAINN - https://www.rainn.org/

Joann Fabrics Frames - http://www.joann.com/multipurpose-record-album-frame/1555887.html?mkwid=L7Gc5llc|dc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+Home+Decor&CS_003=10131488&CS_010=%5BProductId%5D&gclid=CJyOvODd2MYCFQmCaQodmD8C1Q

9b651f25-0575-41ff-97dc-3b8f4b416e94_zps

1524b900-c384-4e50-bfa5-c4b1abcf9a5b_zps

53a41be0-82e6-482f-bee0-a7829ce58fae_zps

497990dc-7a33-4304-94cb-d09bed848fb8_zps

fc51884e-f08c-4d33-ae1f-09081530d4fd_zps

IMG_1206_zpsbetjvqxu.jpg

These are sick! I would repaint the Gandhi one and replace it with a Maya Angelou, Audre Lorde, or Kathleen Hannah quote because he was a huge hypocrite. Just a suggestion.

Thanks man, I will keep all three of them in mind if I do this again. 

I wasn't sure what to expect when doing this so I tried to pick smaller quotes because I wasn't really sure how much time this was going to take so I had like 12 quotes and narrowed it down to six and went with what I felt were the most powerful. 

Records that you wrote on with sharpie?

Don't mean to insult, it's cool you took something you feel is negative and are trying to turn it into $ for charity.

No worries...art is subjective and I am an English teacher so words are art to me. 

I think the juxtaposition of the quotes covering up the stand-up routines or "art" of a rapist was a pretty artistic concept...

thanks for the replies and interest man...I appreciate the bumps and the conversation... :)

Is there anything that indicates that these used to be Bill Cosby records?

Each record is glued onto the spray painted back of the original record cover which I have altered slightly...so you will never know when it is framed, but if you were to remove it from the frame you would see it....

No worries...art is subjective and I am an English teacher so words are art to me. 

I think the juxtaposition of the quotes covering up the stand-up routines or "art" of a rapist was a pretty artistic concept...

thanks for the replies and interest man...I appreciate the bumps and the conversation... :)

This is totally art. And it's fucking rad.