Pirate Press Records - Lazy or Dodgy?

I'm sure a few of you have ordered off Pirate Press Records before - has anyone had any trouble? I ordered the 7" boxset and Revolts 10" on the 2nd of April and not received it yet. Not only that, I have sent 4 different emails at regular intervals (trying both of their email addresses) to chase it up and not heard a single thing back! I live in the UK, but still most in stock orders (from other labels i have ordered off) arrive within a week, 10 days at most

Pretty shitty!! I have basically given up on my money and records and am going to look into filing a Paypal complaint, which is going to be a pain and will probably result in nothing.

I ordered the Revolts 10"/CD around the same time (april 1) and they never sent it and I sent a polite email and they got back to me within 2-3 days and apologized up and down about the oversight, something about the interns/mailorder staff dropping the ball.

They assured me it would be out in the mail right away (i got the paypal ship info within 24 hours) and he said he throw some "bonus" stuff in due to my wait.

It should actually arrive today or tomorrow.

Here's the email address I used, hopefully it helps.

[email protected]

I know Eric from Pirates Press. I definitely wouldn't call PPR lazy. Eddie isn't in the picture as far as PPR is concerned anymore leaving Eric to take care of all the records that Pirates Press took care of each week as well as take care of the label. It's a huge undertaking when Madonna's record label has 40,000 records pressed. Be persistant, he will get back to you when he can.

Yeah, I can certainly understand that. If I would have gotten an automated email response stating it'd be a couple months I would have been cool with that.

I just got a little nervous after a month not hearing anything at all. Plus I'm spoiled by VC, Fat Wreck and It's Alive Records being so quick-to-ship.

Damn vinyl revival! *shake fist*

i had the same problem. they said the package got returned because the intern didn't put enough postage on it or something.

i was actually trying to cancel because i heard that re-volts and thought it blew.

i opened a paypal dispute since it had been a while and i was looking for a refund. they got back to me pretty quick and were pretty cool. they threw in some extra stuff too.

anyway, i was able to get rid of the re-volts (on black /50) and i have the ratchets lp for sale in my sale thread too

http://vinylcollective.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=sale&action=display&thread=10549