Hurricane season starts June 1st!

my dad lives in a mobile home in the tampa bay area and is just like "eh, it wont hit us, they never do" I sure hope that he's right I mean he's prepared but isnt freaking out. which I guess is whats best

Yeah, that's what I said until that year when Orlando got hit by 3. I was looking forward to the first one. I thought it would be cool. That's until I lost power for a fucking week after each storm. Fucking trees falling everywhere.

BTW, my mother in law lives in a mobile home in Saint Pete. I really hope it avoids hitting there. I would almost it rather hit here than there. I don't want a new room mate.

I am seriously not prepared for this one. We recently moved into a new house and I gotta get my shit together.

I don't think this one will be too bad though. I'm just worried about water damage due to my shit ass doors.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im by UCF. well kinda by there. i live in a giant neighborhood called avalon park. its off colonial like 5 miles east of alafaya.

Cool man. My sister lives out east in Chuluota. (middle of nowhere)

I used to live in East Orlando on Rouse, but I've been on this side of town for about 5 years now.

I have been through my share of hurricanes in the 15 years I have lived here in FloriDUH! Mostly they're a hassle. The worst one I experienced was Wilma. Not as far as during it and damages but the no electricity for two weeks aftermath. Cold showers everyday sucked.

I'm just hoping to not have to work for a day or two for Fay.

I'm just hoping to not have to work for a day or two for Fay.

Im hoping the same thing,but im sure it will just be a rain storm by the time it gets up here.

But the part of town my office is in floods really easily and then the power shuts off, so if it brings the heavy showers i still might have a day off.

we got some nasty nasty t-storms last week and it knocked over a tree that was against our office and snapped our water pipe. no water the whole day. no coffee and walking 2 blocks in the rain to a hotel to take a piss was no fun.

did any of you live in florida for hurricane andrew? shit FUCKED us.

Shit fucked south fla real hard. Lesson, do not live in a trailer park. Looks more like this will rip through Lakland/winter park/Orlando area. these storms spin off tons of tornados. Tampa has been pretty lucky, just a shit load of floods. Getting out of this state blows, there 2 main highways out here, i-4 & A1A. They starting evac in the Keys as we speak. I dread going to the store now because everything, ie water food gas, will be gone.

I've been in Florida (St. Pete) for the past 20 or so years, and have yet to get hit by anything major. Even when Andrew came through, we barely got anything, lots of rain, some decent winds, but no damage, no extended power outages, nothing at all, really. This has all helped to make me very skeptical towards large storms.

One of these days, my area is going to get pounded, I just hope i've made it out of this god forsaken area before hand.