PO: New Music From THE MATCHES: Life of a Match / Crucial Comeback 7"

lemongoat

the revelent info from their facebook page:

So, here are "Life Of A Match" and "The Crucial Comeback (Mary Claire)". The songs were produced by The Matches and engineered by Jon Devoto. "Life of A Match" also features our dear friends the Patzner brothers, Anton and Lewis, who contributed some sweet strings. The tunes went across the pond to super mixer Chris Sheldon to make them sound as great as we could hope (maybe you have heard one of the albums he mixed, The Colour and the Shape by Foo Fighters). We got it mastered by the legendary Howie Weinberg and now here we are.

As always, the art and physical 7" were created with typical Matches care. The colors are awesome and it includes an album insert with lyrics.

There are 4 versions being pressed and all are limited editions.

White Wax - Limited to 100
Mary Clear - Limited to 150
Classic Black - Limited to 200

We have also made an exclusive version to sell at The Fillmore show in December in CandyCane Red/White, but it is included here in the limited bundles of all 4 versions.

Bundle - All 4 Colors - Limited to 100

The vinyl will not ship until December (vinyl takes a long time to press these days),

BUT! upon purchase, you will receive downloads of both songs immediately in your email box!!!

Thank you so much for your dedication and support! We hope you love these songs as much as we do and sing them LOUD with us at The Fillmore in December.

Follow this link http://thematches.storenvy.com to order the version that speaks to you.

• 2 months later...

Got my bundle.  sounds amazing.  There are still some blue and yellow 7"'s left if anyone's interested:  http://thematches.storenvy.com/

love this band.  saw them plenty of times including their reunion nyc show last year.  but I really dislike 7"s (thats what she said  :P ), so for now im passing unless these songs are epic.  hopefully they are released online in weeks to coming

I would say this song is indeed epic!:  

The other song is OK i guess, not as good as Life of a Match: