Worst parts about going to shows

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love going to shows - live music is part of what keeps me sane. But, I'm sure you know, there's always some dumbass thing that has the potential to ruin the experience.

My beef is with pit ninjas. I hate dudes that go into pits doing spin kicks or with their arms flailing like a retard having an above-waist seizure. I know it's a punk show and if you don't like getting bumped go see the Decemberists, but seriously. Who sees a mosh pit and instantly thinks, "CHUCK FUCKING NORRIS, FAGGOTS!"? It's so dumb and makes me wish I had gone with a different subculture that wasn't attractive to complete morons, like the jazz scene. (But then I remembered Charles Mingus and Art Pepper are dead, so what's the point?)

What pisses you off the most at shows?

metal kids who don't know how to act at a metal show. IE when the rush for the stage happens put their elbow in your throat. to which you politely almost start a fight by removing it.

I agree w/ Sal...fo' sure.

The one thing that annoys me to no end at every single show I have been to lately, are all the scene kids who are there to be seen. By who, I have no fuckin' clue. Plus it adds to the annoyance when all they do is stand there w/ an annoyed look on their face as of they're being inconvenienced by the band that is playing all the while tooling around on their Sidekicks.

I hate scenesters.

I'm all for a little agression when it's warranted. But, seriously, I just saw Gaslight Anthem this weekend and kids were going bonkers, stage diving, crowd surfing, etc...I don't think Gaslight's kind of music really warrants that type of behavior. Yeah, a few fist in the air sing-alongs and dancing is one thing, but stage diving to Gaslight Anthem seems a bit out of place.

- kids taking photos on their cellphones/crappy point-and-shoot cameras from about 20 rows back expecting to get anything but a blurry mess of light

- kids calling their friends on their cellphones and holding it in the air for them to hear, when clearly on the other end it just sounds like someone being drowned

- girls sitting on guys shoulders

and a bunch of stuff already mentioned...

^^ That is fucked. I've never had any encounters with the Boston Beatdown people or any group like that. The closest to all out fight was at a Hatebreed show back in '95 or so...whenever Satisfaction had come out...the shows was at this pool hall in Davie, FL and some skinheads (the neo-Nazi kind) tried to start shit with a friend of ours. There were like five of them trying to start shit with one guy. When we all noticed that he was being pushed around and verbally assaulted, we all swarmed in...there were probably about 15 of us. Needless to say they backed off and left.

Guest baseball

Drunk drama queens. People who get aggressive and dramatic for no reason other than their drunk as hell and completely oblivious to what's going on around them.

Seriously, I've seen really drunk people get into scuffles over some of the stupidest shit imaginable. It's just annoying and is always over stuff that no one would think twice about if they were coherent.

Unless they're girl fights, I enjoy those.

Guest falloutcollapse

Disclaimer: I rarely get to see bands I like, so I end up going to metalcore/brie brie shows.

I hate when a pit breaks out, and people standing around the outside push and fuck with the people inside. I also hate when they open it up and close it back up unexpectedly. I hate when big dudes beat on the little ones for no reason...have a little respect, please. I'm only 145, I really can't handle a 200 pound dude smacking his fists into my face on purpose. It's cool if it's an accident, but when you purposely try to hurt people, you're out of line. I also hate the one smelly guy that tries to push mosh. Fuck off.