PO: The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out (repress 22nd Jan)

This is finally getting its 10 year anniversary repress.

Only as a single LP (no live gatefold sadly). But thy are offering a bundle for both the reissues on the official store.

http://shop.virginemi.com/thekooks/thekooks/thekooks/Inside-In-Inside-Out/51EW0000000

Generally a pricey record to pick up so pretty pleased with this one! Doesn't appear to be limited or special in anyway.

Ah this brings me back. I was a post-graduate tourist in the UK in 2006 and She Moves In Her Own Way was on the radio, and I went to the Virgin Records in downtown London to buy the CD to play in the Discman I brought with me. So much has changed since then...

It was a key part of my late teens and the girlfriends of the time. Sadly I wasn't buying vinyl between about 2004-2009. Wish I'd focused on vinyl more than the women!

It still actually works out cheaper to get it from Amazon.ca.  I've never actually ordered anything from there before.  Is it reliable getting records shipped from Canada?

Yeah, the £ is strong on CAD at the minute - I was going to go that route. Never had an issue shipping from Amazon CA

hmm. so is the acoustic album only available through their webstore?

it also says "more stock coming soon" for the acoustic but the normal album is a "pre-order"

kinda confusing.

No, it was available on Black Friday RSD all over the place. They say it's limited - not sure on pressing numbers though. You can still find it in various places.

It still actually works out cheaper to get it from Amazon.ca.  I've never actually ordered anything from there before.  Is it reliable getting records shipped from Canada?

You could contact the US Amazon and try a price match. It is hit and miss since they do not have to do it but I have scored some great prices when they do allow it.

Ah this brings me back. I was a post-graduate tourist in the UK in 2006 and She Moves In Her Own Way was on the radio, and I went to the Virgin Records in downtown London to buy the CD to play in the Discman I brought with me. So much has changed since then...

Me too, I remember seeing them at the Forum in Kentish Town just as they started to get famous, it's a small venue (bar and stage in close proximity as it should be) and when we were queuing to go in people were offering quite large sums for our tickets. I bought the LP on the strength of that gig and have always loved it.

I'm going to see them locally at the end of the month so I might take my original with me to see if I can get it signed.

Bull Moose $33

The only Kooks album worth owning IMO.  I love this album!

I wouldn't agree but definitely their best

I'm torn between $48 shipped to the US for the bundle from the Kooks store or $26 shipped for just the album from Amazon.Ca

Does anyone have the acoustic/live ep and can talk of if it's worth owning?

I have a digital copy of the live acoustic tracks. They are nothing special. I love the first two kooks albums but I don't think the live one is a necessity

I'm torn between $48 shipped to the US for the bundle from the Kooks store or $26 shipped for just the album from Amazon.Ca

Does anyone have the acoustic/live ep and can talk of if it's worth owning? 

Most definitely it's was done at Abbey Road and is a superb recording in every way.

I have a digital copy of the live acoustic tracks. They are nothing special. I love the first two kooks albums but I don't think the live one is a necessity

I totally disagree with that. I guess to anyone wanting to buy the Live EP on vinyl look out the live tracks and have a listen digitally as opinions vary but make sure it is the live acoustic tracks at Abbey Road you are downloading as there are quite a few inferior copies and other recordings that are not it floating about.

Just to clarify, the Abbey Road recording is good. But it's is nothing much different from the album. It's the full band playing the songs with basically the same arrangements as the album versions. 

There have been some albums i've picked up in the last decade that were released as deluxe versions or doubles, one disc the full band version and one disc the acoustic arrangements or demo versions. I love when bands do that. A couple examples are the Billy Bragg - Mr. Love and Justice album and the Dashboard Confessionals - Alter the Ending album. This Kooks acoustic Abbey Road record is not like that.

Maybe that description will better help people decide weather they need it or not.

Most definitely it's was done at Abbey Road and is a superb recording in every way.

I totally disagree with that. I guess to anyone wanting to buy the Live EP on vinyl look out the live tracks and have a listen digitally as opinions vary but make sure it is the live acoustic tracks at Abbey Road you are downloading as there are quite a few inferior copies and other recordings that are not it floating about.

Pretty sure this version on Spotify in the US is the same Abbey Road acoustic EP that's being released.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7IppBrY9Da00y7oa2SofvX

I'm really enjoying it but it lacks the frenetic energy of a typical Kooks show - not sure how often I'd pull this out to play. Definitely in for the album, still on the fence about this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...