PO Now Periphery 2 and Clear EP

Definitely a new press, the bonus tracks weren't on the OG.

Still funny that The Heretic Anthem is a bonus track for this when it wasn't even "Periphery" that recorded it

Not sure how the bonus tracks work. I know there's a CD included, so it may just be on the CD? I dunno. I wish they'd cut Ji and Scarlet on the same side though, the intro for Scarlet is partially on Ji. Drives me nuts on my OG. Wish it was the S/T that was getting some RP love as  well

Thanks for this! Picked up the Red /100 variant from CM Distro. Just need S/T to be repressed and I'll be happy!

Edit: I meant to add that Periphery are currently writing their new album, and with Periphery 2 and Clear getting a repress maybe, just maybe, their S/T album will finally be repressed...

I remember that Best Buy had a pre-order page for S/T on vinyl last year. Don't think anything ever came of that. I'm sure we will see a repress of it soon. Also, Periphery II had a bunch of silent presses, with a bunch of copies becoming available at original sale price on Amazon quite a few times. Glad to see it's a somewhat proper repress this time. Might end up picking it up.

Really hoping the next Periphery is more of a nod to their older stuff. I could not get into Alpha or Omega.

Thanks for this! Picked up the Red /100 variant from CM Distro. Just need S/T to be repressed and I'll be happy!

Edit: I meant to add that Periphery are currently writing their new album, and with Periphery 2 and Clear getting a repress maybe, just maybe, their S/T album will finally be repressed...

Sumarian had said that this year they were doing represses and asked what people were wanting. This was one of the most wanted along with STYG - THD so I'm guessing that's also coming up.

Really hoping the next Periphery is more of a nod to their older stuff. I could not get into Alpha or Omega.

I'm really surprised at this, mainly because Alpha and Omega have generally been very highly praised. Personally I love them both, though I think Alpha is the stronger of the two albums.

Clear is definitely a more acquired taste. There are some good riffs and song ideas on there though. In fact when you listen to the track Pale Aura after having heard Alpha/Omega, you can really tell where they were heading sound-wise. The song feels like a bridge between II and Alpha/Omega. Though maybe that's just me.

I'm really surprised at this, mainly because Alpha and Omega have generally been very highly praised. Personally I love them both, though I think Alpha is the stronger of the two albums.

Clear is definitely a more acquired taste. There are some good riffs and song ideas on there though. In fact when you listen to the track Pale Aura after having heard Alpha/Omega, you can really tell where they were heading sound-wise. The song feels like a bridge between II and Alpha/Omega. Though maybe that's just me.

Agreed! Alpha and Omega are both awesome. At first I liked Omega more bc I thought it had more self titled periphery on it on songs like bad thing, omega, and stranger things, but over time Alpha just keeps growing and I just love them both equally. It's crazy how many times I listen to it and I still pick up things each time. The way they injected overlapping melody and motifs in their songs just amazes me.

On topic, Periphery II is also awesome. I'm glad it's getting an official pressing for Europe.

When I said above I'd skip Clear, I only meant in the sense of getting "the sound" of Periphery. That EP is all kinds of experimental and would through people for a loop. It's just it's own thing in my opinion. Agreed though, Pale Aura is a cool song. Actually, I like almost all of them.

I wonder if it's the same red as the OP or how different it is.

I got my copy in today! It looks amazing, and sounds great. Glad to finally have this, just working my way through it now...

The OP was a red/black swirl. This is transparent red so it's definitely different. Plus there's obviously the two bonus tracks. The sleeve says it was mastered for vinyl in November 2015, and manufactured in Germany.