PO Now: British Theatre - Mastery (Oceansize, Vennart)[PledgeMusic]

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, highfives said:

My copy finally arrived!  The labels are super tiny.  I like it.

I haven't had a chance to spin it yet, anyone want to comment on the sound?

Sound is pretty good! I feel like the mix sounds slightly different but not in a bad way. My 2nd LP is a little bit noisy in the quiet parts. I've cleaned both records thoroughly but still some loudish clicks/pops etc but as I say, only really noticeable in the quieter parts and they aren't too distracting.

Overall really nice package. Not as cool as they intended it to be but the spot-gloss jackets and tiny labels are pretty darn cool.

Surprised you aren't digging it that much Sasan. It was definitely different than I expected after their first 2 EP's but I found a lot to like. Newman & Mastery are probably the only tracks I don't REALLY enjoy. Everything else I think is fantastic.

Definitely can't wait for another Vennart solo album though!

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, highfives said:

Mike has been teasing stuff and when they posted the merch update for BT they said a "big announcement" would happen this week.  (Seems like they edited the post to remove that bit though)

I just saw that and didn't see anything about an announcement. Fingers crossed though, The Demon Joke still gets a lot of love here.

43 minutes ago, highfives said:

Anyone else get the feeling that the next Vennart record is about to be dropped?

Quite possible, Biffy may have dropped a new album but their tour schedule is looking a bit Spartan and Simon Neil will probably be taking some time away to finish up, release and promote his solo album as ZZC. That should free up Mike and Gambler for more British Theatre, Vennart or Richard A Ingram activity.

7 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Great to see that as a pledger you have had to pay more than you have to do now...Makes the whole thing ridiculous

Feel that pain too, been stung a fair few times lately to the point where I have become more discerning over who I will pledge for. At least in some of the cases where I was stung the campaign also had a charity element so that 15% of their goal was going to a good cause which I'm totally fine with.  Still it can suck to be an early bird investor only to see the Johnny-come-lately's skip off into the sunset with a better deal. 

23 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Great to see that as a pledger you have had to pay more than you have to do now...Makes the whole thing ridiculous

Agreed.  But you have to ask if they could afford the upfront cost without doing the pledge?  Ultimately we all want fair deals, but we also want cool shit from the bands we love who may or may not have enough funding to make it.