HWM in philly

I had no idea the Loved Ones were playing the HWM show.....that blows that I'm gonna miss them, because I am not sure if I'll be going to the Devo/Hold Steady show at the Festival Pier. I chose the PIB/D4 show since I have always wanted to see D4, and PIB is one of my all time favorite bands, plus I'm seeing HWM the next night in NYC anyways.

^^And I'm fairly certain that D4 is playing next to last so you need to bike fast!!!!

I had no idea the Loved Ones were playing the HWM show.....that blows that I'm gonna miss them, because I am not sure if I'll be going to the Devo/Hold Steady show at the Festival Pier. I chose the PIB/D4 show since I have always wanted to see D4, and PIB is one of my all time favorite bands, plus I'm seeing HWM the next night in NYC anyways.

^^And I'm fairly certain that D4 is playing next to last so you need to bike fast!!!!

nyc? really? you 21? lol i need a drinking buddy for that show..haha

^^^I'm working on getting a ticket for Devo/THS/TLO. I just gotta wait for my paycheck to clear.

and

^^ I am sadly, not 21. I am however, a lush and a fun drinking buddy (at least I like to think so). Flasks FTW? Maybe it's time for me to start looking for a fake ID. I never had the foggiest idea on how to get one.

It's not as far as I know. You should check on Ticketmaster. It's a damn shame that's the only place you can get tix for the show though. 15 dollar "convenience" charges my ass. Tis why I'm grateful for organizers like R5 who use TicketWeb.

But I digress, if it isn't sold out, I'd get on that shit because it probably will soon, though from my understanding Terminal 5 is pretty big (Electric Factory sized from what I heard)

I don't think it'll sell out..but its so fucking expensive....it was 55$ for 2 tickets to the show.

The lineups pretty solid in nyc too...hwm, thursday and paint it black....I had a tuff time decided cause its the same night as alkaline trio in nyc to...

But hwm won out....it'll be my 2nd time seeing them....1st was with glassjaw, sparta and dredg years ago..lol

I am a HWM virgin. I'm definitely stoked to be seeing them...and the fact that they are playing with two out of my top ten all time favorite bands doesn't hurt either. What killed me was the train tix to NYC. I didn't realize that there was an uber cheap chinatown bus, but it's most likely really sketchy anyways, and at least the Amtrack runs super late so I won't have to leave the show early.

EDIT: I also jsut realized that the NYC show will be my 3rd time seeing Thursday and my 7th time seeing PIB this year (unless they decide to do a surprise Philly show between now and July 11). I'm fairly certain PIB thinks I am a creepy stalker.......

I am a HWM virgin. I'm definitely stoked to be seeing them...and the fact that they are playing with two out of my top ten all time favorite bands doesn't hurt either. What killed me was the train tix to NYC. I didn't realize that there was an uber cheap chinatown bus, but it's most likely really sketchy anyways, and at least the Amtrack runs super late so I won't have to leave the show early.

EDIT: I also jsut realized that the NYC show will be my 3rd time seeing Thursday and my 7th time seeing PIB this year (unless they decide to do a surprise Philly show between now and July 11). I'm fairly certain PIB thinks I am a creepy stalker.......

if its a huge problem, i live in jersey city..and and anyone your with are more than welcome to crash on my couch..it pulls out into a sofa bed and we have an extra aerobed...hopefully by then 2 extra aeros...

^^ Well thank you for the offer. My only thing would be how I'm getting back to Philly. I'd either have to find transport out of Jersey City (NJ Transit I guess?) or go back to NYC and exchange my amtrak ticket. I am so bad with figuring out how the transportation systems it isn't even funny. I lived in Philly for more than 6 months until I figured out Septa and I have no fucking clue about NJ Transit at all.

And good luck completing your Thursday collection! I am sorely lacking....I only own two Thursday pieces on vinyl. I'm hoping to fix that.