Pelican/These arms are snakes 7" split

on the 3" cd that came with the pelican dvd you can hear taas playing one of pelicans songs. The call it These Arms are Pink Mammoths. Its actually a really good cover. I'm actually really curious to hear how Pelican will interpet a taas song.

That's the song that will be on the 7".

Pelican interpreting a TAAS song = slow, heavy, bad drumming

• 1 month later...

From A. Turner's blog:

"aside from work on the zozobra i've completed the drawings for the forthcoming pelican/these arms are snakes split 10" (formely a 7", upgraded to the larger format to accomodate the track lengths). the layout is now in the hands of the very capable ryan frederiksen, and i'll hopefully be able to post some previews of that stuff in the coming weeks."

Botch reunion in november. Mark my words
another rumor perhaps? this was supposed to happen in 2004,5,6 and 7. they don't seem to care for each other's company anymore and i really hope they would have more integrity than just doing it for money. they should wait until they have been broken up for about 10 years, they are only getting more popular. i was lucky enough to see them 6 times and if this happens, buy your FUCKING TICKETS ASAP. one of the most amazing bands ever. dave knudson IS, the greatest guitar player hardcore has ever seen!EVER!

lol

the drummer catches a lot of shit and why? i listen to Pelican for the guitars, thick and heavy, dudes drumming is sufficient and his timing is fine.

I think he's just a bit uninspired and flat at times, but nothing worthy of garnering the hate that he has. It's like everyone just jumped on the 'drummer is terrible' bandwagon and that's all they care about now. They're not even listening to the music.

the drummer catches a lot of shit and why? i listen to Pelican for the guitars, thick and heavy, dudes drumming is sufficient and his timing is fine.

I think he's just a bit uninspired and flat at times, but nothing worthy of garnering the hate that he has. It's like everyone just jumped on the 'drummer is terrible' bandwagon and that's all they care about now. They're not even listening to the music.

totally agreed.