X-Men?

Alright. So if I were to start from the beginning and work my way up I should pick up these two first?

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Omnibus-1-HC/dp/0785129588/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213134544&sr=8-1

(when it comes out)

and

http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men-Omni....313 4544&sr=8-2

If so, would I be confused if I read the Uncanny X-Men first?

Also, if I wanted to read the Age of Apocalypse, the only way to do so is to pick up the 4 soft cover collections?

I would say don't even bother with the original X-Men Omnibus. Just get the Uncanny Omnibus. You won't be confused. The series didn't get good or popular until Giant Size X-Men #1, which is where the Uncanny Omnibus starts. The original X-Men Omnibus is classic because of the basic idea and origin of the X-Men. Once you get past that, the stories are pretty lame (like most silver age comics).

I would say don't even bother with the original X-Men Omnibus. Just get the Uncanny Omnibus. You won't be confused. The series didn't get good or popular until Giant Size X-Men #1, which is where the Uncanny Omnibus starts. The original X-Men Omnibus is classic because of the basic idea and origin of the X-Men. Once you get past that, the stories are pretty lame (like most silver age comics).

I agree.

The original stuff is interesting, but seems very dated (other than the idea of being part of a minority).

Get the Uncanny Omni...I plan on doing so myself.

Alright, I've decided I want to hunt down the New X-Men Omnibus HC that came out in 2006. Anyone want to sell me a copy or know where to start looking? I'd rather not get one from Ebay.

Good luck, as it's out of print it's fetching a nice amount.

Marvel should really keep it in print.