Minus the Bear "Highly Refined Pirates" repress 3

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admin

wow, i did not realize how much drama would ensue from this pressing. To set a couple things straight:

1. I actually sent jhulud a link to buy all 3 colors before I posted the records. I must have sent it to an older email of his. I plan to cancel his order of red and blue and resend the link for all 3 colors to him. He has bought 2 test pressings at crazy ass prices so I feel like i owe it to him.

2. yes there were 20 test pressings made of planet of ice, but over half of them went to members of the band and to suicide squeeze.

3. are people complaining about a planet of ice repress on a highly refined pirates thread? really? We pressed 4,000 copies of this album in one year and each color had 500 copies. When people complained before, I said that if we do a repress, we do 1,000 of another color. Compared to other records out there, this isn't that bad.

4. we received 5 copies of the purple vinyl out of the 17, I decided to keep one and instead of making a mint on ebay, I offered the rest to VC. It isn't minus the bear's fault that there were in between colors on this pressing. I emailed lucky horse about getting a few more copies of the purple and if I do, I have a few people in mind to offer them to so this will not end up being put on the store. sorry guys.

Vinyl Collective we do our best to help the completists out there, but we can't predict how pressings will go and there is bound to be some in between colors like the Purple that just happened.

I have this feeling of complete and utter defeat...

Oh well...

dude, you can EASILY get a purple one... hell, you have two test presses of POI.

DAMN YOU!

1. I actually sent jhulud a link to buy all 3 colors before I posted the records. I must have sent it to an older email of his. I plan to cancel his order of red and blue and resend the link for all 3 colors to him. He has bought 2 test pressings at crazy ass prices so I feel like i owe it to him.

See man, it all worked out for you. Although, I'm almost positive you could've easily sold/traded one of your POI Test presses for the purple one, you got the easy way out. Must be nice...

shit....can i complain about not having a poi test more and get one? i paid for every record mtb has too and got outbid on the test on ebay

im all about ordering from this site and using this board, but thats the least fair thing ive ever heard..he has 2 tests...3 with interpretations so should jus be handed everything else? eesh

Guest kevinb

I ohnestly think its kind of cool though, that you just had to be in the right place at the right time, the only thing that sucks is people who are just going to buy them to flip them & rape someone...

i'l admit it im guilty of doing that... but only to fund other vinyl purchaces....

It's just kind of shitty that if you dont visit the board & store 10 billion times a day you might miss out...

like with the Gaslight sink or swim imports.... the first round went real fast.

juan didnt complain a lot, or even at all really. he just posted his disappointment in not getting one like the rest of us did, and anyway virgil said he had emailed juan before they even went up about. and i understand that, if juan is dedicated enough to spend insane amounts of money on the band, he deserves a crack at the rarer records. i think its one of those things where virgil wants it to goto a good home and not just someone who is gonna filp it to make a ton of money

yeah, i have to agree that it's not rally fair to just choose who you're going to give them too, how do you judge who the biggest minus the bear fan is? but hell, i'm a big boy, i learned that life isn't fair a long time ago.

shit....can i complain about not having a poi test more and get one? i paid for every record mtb has too and got outbid on the test on ebay

im all about ordering from this site and using this board, but thats the least fair thing ive ever heard..he has 2 tests...3 with interpretations so should jus be handed everything else? eesh

life is not fair.

Dude.... Juan paid about $600 between those 2 tests and not to mention he delivered boxes of the POI tour presses to the band for Virgil....

Yeah, I wish I could get some special treatment like that. I've bought every MtB released from VC and tried to bid on test pressings but outbid at the end. Oh well...

you guys are being stupid.

Being fair? Who the fuck does Virgil OWE that to? He could've silently flipped the 4 other copies on ebay and had a grand in his pocket, but he offered them up to us. Also, if some dude bought 2 test pressings off of me for ridiculous amounts then he would get first crack at one, no doubt.