Agony & Irony

How did all of you hear the album already. I've heard the 3 songs they released on Itunes and maybe one other.

You must be new to the Internet.

...and by that I mean we're all review editors for a magazine that appears on newsstands all over the place and we get review copies of albums in advance to judge them.

;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw the thing they did with The Hills and now have no interest in hearing this record.

And it actually has nothing to do with the fact that they were on the hills, it was more because that song is the worst song ive ever heard Alk3 make and cant imagine the rest of the record be any better.

sigh.

apparently matt said this is the best stuff they've ever done.

Every band says that. I don't even bother reading interviews when bands discuss their new albums anymore. It's always the same stuff.

No band will ever say that the record they're recording isn't their best to date, because they want the sales.

nofx has

I guess I'm among the tiny majority of those that enjoyed Crimson. They've no doubt changed their style, but it's still leagues better than what has become of AFI...

I with you mi amigo. There were definitely some duds on Crimson but I think if another band had released it would have been seen as better. It might not be as classic at the first three Trio albums but its got good songs on it. I just overly don't like the overly slick sound but I don't like that out of anyone.

haven't gotten all the way through it, but finding this pretty catchy. i guess i couldn't have hoped for more from a band that's paddling the mainstream. you can't expect the raw fantastic that was AMR alkaline trio. you can't even expect early vagrant alkaline trio. so lower standards aside, this is pretty good.

No, no it doesn't.

Sadie.

Oh god no. The original version of Sadie on the OMA split was one of the best things they ever did. The Crimson version sounds like it was molested by a string quartet.

I do agree that Crimson was about half and half. New one isn't entirely terrible, but it's fairly unmemorable, which may be worse than being bad.

Guest baseball

Sadie.

Oh god no. The original version of Sadie on the OMA split was one of the best things they ever did. The Crimson version sounds like it was molested by a string quartet.

I do agree that Crimson was about half and half. New one isn't entirely terrible, but it's fairly unmemorable, which may be worse than being bad.

Yeah, I like the original better but it's still the same song. And it's a good song.

Sadie.

Agreed 10000000000000%!

I HAAAAAATE the Crimson version.

I enjoy this more than Crimson for sure, but the imagery is a bit heavy handed for sure.

Live You, Die Fast is one of the most cliche songs I've heard in recent times, both lyrically and muscially.

Anyone else think there's an acoustic version of "Into the Night" recorded? I'd almost put money on it. I HATE the echo effect on this song.

has anyone seen them recently on this tour? im going on tuesday and i am curious to know what the set list looks like.

I saw them a week ago. They only played two or three new songs. Most of the set was Goddamnit, MICF, and Infirmary.

Seriously? That's pretty dope. Their fall headlining tour will probably be more new material-focused. They did that when the last record came out, too; their underplay tour featured a lot of songs you wouldn't expect ("Jaked On Green Beers," "Old School Reasons," etc.). Of course, I missed that show because I had to work that night (and it was also the same night as fucking GREEN DAY, which I also had to miss).

They played Old School Reasons and Jaked when I saw them. The only problem I had with the shows was that Matt had a sore throat so it was very Dan vocal song heavy. Other than that, the show was great, in a super small, local venue. Or at least small for A3. I'm sure the fall tour will be all Ebony and Ivory.