IMPORTANT PAYPAL INFORMATION!

Hey everyone,

As a dude in the mail order business I wanted to go over a few things with youse guys who have paypal accounts and enjoy ordering records and paying via that paypal account. For the sanity and safety of everyone involved in the process (yourself included) please read the following and make sure you're squared away.

1. MAKE SURE PAYPAL HAS YOUR CURRENT SHIPPING ADDRESS:

Obviously a basic but important peice of information. You'd be surprised how many people have old addresses saved with paypal

2. CONFIRM YOUR ADDRESS WITH PAYPAL. THIS INCLUDES EVERYONE OUTSIDE OF THE US!

This does not take a lot of effort and it puts sellers at ease when it's done. Every side in the mail order business wants to be, and feels better when they're protected from fraud. Take a few minutes and hook this up today if you haven't already.

3. MAKE SURE PAYPAL HAS THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU CHECK ALL THE TIME AS YOUR MAIN EMAIL ADDRESS

I shit you not I had someone from June of last year write me last month to tell me they finally checked the email address paypal had on file and found an email I sent them letting them know there was a problem with their order. Almost a year later! If something goes wrong in the process you want the seller to be able to get in touch with you. I can not tell you how many times I hear "oh man I'm sorry I never check this email address". Well hoss get on the stick and update that account. It's your money and if people can't get ahold of you, you basically sent it in to a black hole. I also get a lot of outdated email address provided that get bounced back to me because they've been elminated forever ago.

Anyway thanks for reading all of that. I feel like if everyone makes sure they've got those things covered a lot of hassles and heartache will be avoided.

this is good information. i cant tell you how many times ive gotten packages back, and already gotten negative feedback on ebay, or mean emails accusing me of ripping them off, etc, only to get the record back a couple months later and have the buyer say "oh. yeah, thats my ex girlfriends address" or something similar.

also i get emails all the time saying "did you send it out? do you have tracking information? when did this go out? give me the delivery confirmation number", etc

if you ship through paypal, all that information AUTOMATICALLY get sent to the email address on your account, so there should never be a question as to when it was shipped, or what the delivery confirmation is, etc.

this should also go for people who have accounts at mailorder sites as well. You can change your own info when it changes. im not too thrilled with shipping distro packages out to wrong addresses on file, or emailing shipping confirmation to old emails. and getting the same "why havent you shipped my order out yet?" emails.

Oh and for you old school types sending in cash or money order...for godssake put a piece of paper in with your money with your address clearly written and what you ordered. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten $8 in the mail with no info at all and the address all chicken scratched on the envelope with no name. It's bizzare.

i love the C.O.Ds

with no return address or note saying what they want

I'd call that "god money".

I'm amazed that actually happens. I always put a typed note in with my shit. I'm all like trying to be friendly and shit in hopes of snagging some free stuff.

Yeah I don't understand it. People often compound it all with making the money orders 100% blank. If that got stolen in the mail anyone could cash it.

I'd call that "god money".

I'm amazed that actually happens. I always put a typed note in with my shit. I'm all like trying to be friendly and shit in hopes of snagging some free stuff.

Yeah I don't understand it. People often compound it all with making the money orders 100% blank. If that got stolen in the mail anyone could cash it.

I love the money order made out to the sender, that's always been one of my favs. ;)

3. MAKE SURE PAYPAL HAS THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU CHECK ALL THE TIME AS YOUR MAIN EMAIL ADDRESS

I shit you not I had someone from June of last year write me last month to tell me they finally checked the email address paypal had on file and found an email I sent them letting them know there was a problem with their order. Almost a year later! If something goes wrong in the process you want the seller to be able to get in touch with you. I can not tell you how many times I hear "oh man I'm sorry I never check this email address". Well hoss get on the stick and update that account. It's your money and if people can't get ahold of you, you basically sent it in to a black hole. I also get a lot of outdated email address provided that get bounced back to me because they've been elminated forever ago.

YES, for the love of god, please get rid of that stupid [email protected] address from your paypal account.

This is seriously one of the biggest problems we have with trying to get in touch with people. Using lame, outdated, or "dummy" email addresses.

"WHERE IS MY ORDER YOU ASSHOLES????"

"Um, we emailed you 6 times..."

I think something should be added about buyers filing claims before talking to the seller - that shit always pisses me off, especially since it is always some bullshit reason that could have been cleared up with a simple email. =\

I agree. This has been nuts for me in the last few months. People jump to the final step before even trying to see what's going on/get an answer. I'm really leary of the paypal policy of essentially fucking sellers. I feel like a lot of people have figured that out and that's why there has been a big jump in claims. That's why everything I send in the US has tracking on it now.