Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm missing a few of the Dark Reign: The List variants, two novels that he illustrated early on in his career (that are impossible to find), the Frank Cho Illustrator HC, his first convention sketchbook (also impossible to find), and a portfolio he put out early in his career (can't touch it for less than $200).

I'm pretty sure this is complete other than those things.

He also has a bunch of prints, and has done the box art on about 40 or so action figures. I'm not actively collecting those though.

it's young moore. and it starts awkwardly b/c he picks up the title from someone else mid story, so there's a bit of the "huh? what's going on?" factor at the beginning. but it has some funny parts, and it's definitely his early brand of cosmic tomfoolery. if you like moore, and you like captain britain, you'll probably like it.

I'd like to check it out. I was debating on picking it up.

Good luck finding a deal on those, the last time I checked the tradebacks sell for a lot and the drama surrounding this book is resulting in this series never having a repress.

I believe you are thinking of Miracleman. Moore's Captain Britain is pretty easy to find in TPB or the Omnibus HC.

PS. books get printed, not pressed. ;)

PPS. I'm sure Marvel will be reprinting Miracleman sooner or later since they now own the rights.

Good luck finding a deal on those, the last time I checked the tradebacks sell for a lot and the drama surrounding this book is resulting in this series never having a repress.

I believe you are thinking of Miracleman. Moore's Captain Britain is pretty easy to find in TPB or the Omnibus HC.

Also, books get printed, not pressed. ;)

Why you gotta break my heart after I +1'd your Frank Cho collection, kurtz? ;)

Incredible Collection Kurtz! I can't believe it!

How do you get all those rare variant?? Do you buy them on ebay, or are you a good freind with the guy at your LCS??

I used to get hooked up at my LCS. He closed up a few years ago though. So these days I usually pick up the variants via ebay. I find that if you wait a month or two after the book comes out you can usually find the variant at a cheaper price. For example, those Dark Reign: The List variants had a retail price of $70 when they first came out and ebay reflected that price at the time. The three that I have I got for around $15 each all within the past month. I still have six more of those variants to track down though.

I also get helped out with the convention exclusives by the good people of the Apes & Babes forum. It's a friendly forum and people are always happy to help out other collectors. http://apesandbabes.com/frankchoforum/index.php

The hardest things in my collection go get ahold of were the more obscure titles like Footman 15, Opposite Forces, Cavewoman, Killing Girl and Nodwick. Also those ERB Collector fanzines were tough to find. There were not very many printed and they were not distributed much outside of the Baltimore area. I actually ended up buying them directly from the guy who put them out years ago.

I only have 1 liberty meadow, and i loved it (heard about it in PVP, by Scott Kurtz). I'd like to read more but can't find cheap single issue. I'll have to order the tpb someday.

That's funny. I was introduced to PVP through Frank Cho/Liberty Meadows. Fun fact: Scott Kurtz is the reason I don't go by "kurtz" on the Apes and Babes forum. He also occasionally posts there.

The TPBs is certainly the easier way to go. They are always kept in print so it should be easy to find all four volumes.

What are you reading on a regular basic, kurtz? Except for the french stuff, I'm mostly a Marvel guy.. Any suggestion?

The only book from either Marvel or DC that I regularly read is Daredevil. I was into Iron Fist until it got canceled. And of course I pick up anything that Frank Cho is working on for Marvel (New Ultimates and Hitman Monkey upcoming).

I read almost everything Vertigo publishes. Hellblazer, Fables, Jack of Fables, House of Mystery, Northlanders, Sweet Tooth, The Unwritten.

I also get The Goon, Elephantmen, Doctor Who, Rex Mundi, Irredeemable, RASL, Futurama, Simpsons Comics and recently I've been picking up Usagi Yogimbo. There is usually a couple of mini-series that I'm buying too (currently Solomon Kane, Joe the Barbarian, Ghoul, BPRD).

I'm always buying random TPBs and Graphic Novels in addition to my regular pull list as well.

I just copied that message to a bloc-note. I like to have some reference when I need to add books on my list. Have you read chew?? Image is re-releasing #1 for 1$ in a few weeks.

You should check out Criminals/Sinners on Marvel/Icon. Also, Kick-Ass is great, and the movie previews look pretty cool!

I'll probably be picking up the first TPB of Chew soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Kick-Ass I am also waiting for the trade, although I'm not sure when that will happen since it seems like that book is always chronically late.

I should check out Criminal since I've liked most of what I've read by Ed Brubaker.