Turntable question

10 minutes ago, slinch said:

In other words, there is no decent turntable, speakers included, for around $100 or less. 

10 minutes ago, slinch said:

In other words, there is no decent turntable, speakers included, for around $100 or less. 

Hot topic has one for $79.99 and guitar center has one for $90  I just don't want to waste money if I can't hear the damn thing in a different room.  I guess I can go up to $160-$175 Max  . 

Edited by DEAD BROKE DREW

That one is about $30, a bargain if you ask me.

Seriously though, what are you using now? The ones you're referring to are like nails on a chalkboard, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemies. Best thing you can do is scour yard sales for a vintage player in the $50 range, add a cheap $20 phono pre and throw in a random set of PC speakers, but even this is stretching it.

14 minutes ago, slinch said:

That one is about $30, a bargain if you ask me.

Seriously though, what are you using now? The ones you're referring to are like nails on a chalkboard, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemies. Best thing you can do is scour yard sales for a vintage player in the $50 range, add a cheap $20 phono pre and throw in a random set of PC speakers, but even this is stretching it.

At the moment I have the orbit basic by Uturn.  Which I have no complaints however I wanna get a less expensive one for my girls house.  I spend about 3_4 nights there and now she's starting a vinyl collection and trust me I don't wanna be lugging mine back and forth.   So I'm just looking for one to keep at her place for a few months.    Thanks again 

I was thinking of something like this one.  

http://www.hottopic.com/product/crosley-black-cruiser-turntable/10481569.html?CM_MMC=CSE-_-GGL-_-Accessories-_-1_9999W1_CSE_GGL_Accessories_10481569&003=29905769&010=10481569&mr:referralID=f0faf83a-a7f6-11e6-bc34-00505694526f&gclid=CKnWmIK7oNACFY9KDQodHb0D5A

She mainly buys the standard black variants so damage isn't a problem,  but will it be loud enough...  We like to drink and blast old AFI and Guttermouth  lol

4 hours ago, DEAD BROKE DREW said:

I was thinking of something like this one.  

http://www.hottopic.com/product/crosley-black-cruiser-turntable/10481569.html?CM_MMC=CSE-_-GGL-_-Accessories-_-1_9999W1_CSE_GGL_Accessories_10481569&003=29905769&010=10481569&mr:referralID=f0faf83a-a7f6-11e6-bc34-00505694526f&gclid=CKnWmIK7oNACFY9KDQodHb0D5A

She mainly buys the standard black variants so damage isn't a problem,  but will it be loud enough...  We like to drink and blast old AFI and Guttermouth  lol

When considering the purchase of this sort of product please take particular note of the wording in red in my signature, it's very pertinent and should be committed to memory to be recited out loud whenever the offer of that item or a similar one arises.

Also this device and all of it's hateful landfill dodging ilk are colour blind when it comes to records so over time they will cut worryingly deep gouges in any gramophone leaf you feel the need to attempt to play on them.

Helpful but bored English gentleman out. 

I saw a Crosley at a record fair earlier this year. The guys using it were 50-something record geeks. I thought it was pretty cool, the sound was better than I expected and seemed like a good shoestring solution without all the audiophile faff. And let's face it, hifi is a total faff and if you can't accept that then vinyl is a waste of time. Unless it's as cheap and convenient as this. Would I buy one? Probably not. Unless I wanted to listen to records in the bath or something. Wait, there's an idea..

Edited by ScaleTheInferno

You do seem to struggle with the letter U though, a terrible omission considering one of the words in your name starts with it.

For that reason and the fact we've been at it a lot longer so therefore have a lot more widely used words available really does mean it's a no contest in the empires favour.