eBay sellers with ZERO feedback

jhulud

What kind of questions should be asked to an eBay seller with zero feedback who seems to have just joined (within last 30 days) ebay?

It has been a looooooooooong time since I have watched and wanted to bid on an item being sold by someone w/ no feedback and only a handful of items being sold. Records of course.

I know we all started with zero feedback but I'd like to minimize my chances of getting screwed over.

If you're paying through Paypal, you have pretty decent protection. I got my Refused 'Fan the Flames' LP on blue vinyl for about $15 because everyone was (apparently) afraid to bid because it was a new seller. I love new sellers and international sellers. Scares people off and I never have any problems.

Guest falloutcollapse
I wouldn't really worry about it, ya gotta start somewhere. And eBay/paypal have it set up to protect you pretty well.

What kind of questions should be asked to an eBay seller with zero feedback who seems to have just joined (within last 30 days) ebay?

It has been a looooooooooong time since I have watched and wanted to bid on an item being sold by someone w/ no feedback and only a handful of items being sold. Records of course.

I know we all started with zero feedback but I'd like to minimize my chances of getting screwed over.

You can ask him to take a unique picture of it, like a picture with the record and a steak knife in the same picture. It doesn't guarantee he or she will send it, but it does verify they actually have the record and haven't just taken someone else's picture.

I just bought a $150 nikon flash for about $120 because the guy only had three feedback, was still a little nervous, but it showed up today, so I'm happy. I've been screwed once in the past and it's pretty easy to screw people over actually, but I think it happens pretty few and far between..