Anyone ever have Carpal Tunnel?

Since saturday my right arm has felt like tingly like it has been asleep from the elbow down, on and off all day. According to the internet this is a symptom of it, but I guess it could be something else too. Today I did not notice it until I got to work and was typing on our computers here. I was wondering if anyone has had it and can maybe confirm it felt something like this. I am hoping it clears up without having to pay the doctor a visit since my doctor is booked all month and I don't reallyh ave the cash for it now.

Edit: I forgot to mention the main "tingling" feeling is in my thumb and index finger, and it seems to come and go.

I have it in my right wrist, from what i've been told, the two options are cortizone shots, which are a very limited fix, or having it drained. I hate needles, and don't have insurance, so haven't gotten either. From me, starts off tingling, but then I lose all feeling in my hand/wrist, and I get a large lump of something underneath the skin on my wrist.

I don't have insurance either, which is why I am delying it. I should probalby go to atleast get it diagnosed, and to make sure it's not something serious or something. Sometimes it seems like the tingling goes all the way up my arm, but that is rare and it does not last long, it seems more focused a little above the wrist and in my hand.

i think i just have bad circulation. if i fall asleep on my stomach (which i usually do) with my hands under my pillow (which they usually are) i generally wake up with numb arms.

I sleep that way too, but it seems like the feeling can last all day and like I said today it was fine until I came into work. So I guess I'll give it a few more days and if I must go to an urgent care place since my doctor is booked for a few months (he has random call in days but they are like once every 2 weeks).

I had carpal tunnel surgery over the winter. I had a wrist cast on for about a month. It's been three months since surgery and right after surgery, I felt no difference at all, but ever since about a month ago (2 months after) I have felt a huge difference. I used to have tingling in my right hand almost every day, mostly between my fingers, but now it happens maybe once a week, and the doctor says it should be almost completely unnoticable in another month or two.

I'm guessing you pinched a nerve while sleeping. Carpal tunnel wouldn't affect your forearm (would it? I don't think so...).

A few of the sites I checked out with symptoms said you can experience it from the elbow down. Right now I don't really notice anything except in my fingers. I guess I'll stop sitting on ass all day on my computer for a while and do something else.

5+ hours and no masturbation jokes?

Bravo!

Seriously, that was one of the first things I expected.

i think i just have bad circulation. if i fall asleep on my stomach (which i usually do) with my hands under my pillow (which they usually are) i generally wake up with numb arms.

i also sleep like this and always wake up with one half of my hand completely numb (little finger, the one next to it and the side of the hand too). Recently this exact thing keeps happening while im typing at work. I play drums and work on my computer all day so im going to keep an eye on this. Glad i've read this thread!

if the tingling is in the thumb, index and middle fingers it's likely carpal tunnel. I got it once after a week of law exams, but luckily it seems to be fairly intermittent with me and manageable with rest. Sucked though when I first got it, it was in the middle of the night and I thought I was having a stroke or something.