Bush blames Dems for high gas prices

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080618/ap_on_go_pr_wh/offshore_oil

"I know the Democratic leaders have opposed some of these policies in the past," Bush said. "Now that their opposition has helped drive gas prices to record levels, I ask them to reconsider their positions."

'Bush said that if congressional leaders head home for their July 4 recess without taking action, they will need to explain why "$4 a gallon gasoline is not enough incentive for them to act. And Americans will rightly ask how high gas prices have to rise before the Democratic-controlled Congress will do something about it."'

Right, its the Dems fault because they keep fighting to keep drilling out of ANWR. Facking guy is absolutely amazing. Its their fault because they won't let us destroy the world for a few more years of oil. Forget the idea we look elsewhere for fuel and energy. Lets just repeal a gas tax so people can drive their Expeditions to work by themselves every day for a little longer!

Right, its the Dems fault because they keep fighting to keep drilling out of ANWR. Facking guy is absolutely amazing. Its their fault because they won't let us destroy the world for a few more years of oil. Forget the idea we look elsewhere for fuel and energy. Lets just repeal a gas tax so people can drive their Expeditions to work by themselves every day for a little longer!

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. All these drilling and tax schemes are only possible fixes to a bigger problem.

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. All these drilling and tax schemes are only possible fixes to a bigger problem.

Drilling is just a dumb way to solve the problem that's much bigger than a simple need for oil. The need is what should be fixed, not the supply.

You wouldn't give a crack addict you wanted to use less crack, more crack? No, you'd get them hooked on something else. ;)

I hope the average American is starting to see through all the childish blame placed on Democrats by the Bush administration. I mean, does anyone even take him seriously anymore?

I friggin' hope not. he's just trying to put the Dems in a bad light for the upcoming election.

I love the clip they had on the daily show the other day, a reporter asked Bush about 6 months ago what he thought of the projected $4 a gallon. Bush said such a thing was crazy. oh boy.

I loved his first speech on the issue. So false it's hillarious:

1) Build more refineries: This won't work because current refineries are running at their lowest capacity in over 20 years. Building more will just make more refineries, not cheaper gas.

2) Drill in Alaska: which, according to all the best estimates, will lower gas by a dime a gallon in the next 20 years.

3) Drill for oil/build refiners on old military bases: which won't work because all current bases were built (understandably) far away from oil pipelines. Building new pipelines for this system would cancel out any minimal gains they might have.

The guy just keeps spitting nonsense and we're supposed to believe him. Crap.

i'd hate to blame just one person for fucking this world completely up, but blaming Bush is mighty mighty tempting. didnt help that tosschops like Tony Blair greased his knob over the course of his presidency. who needs interns eh Bill?

thankfully, most of the worlds population were all against his (and tony's) war plans and such. just a shame that it seemed only the french had the balls to stand up to these 2 warmongering imbeciles.

Republicans blame Democrats.

Democrats blame Republicans.

Nothing gets done.

This is nothing new, it happens every day. That's just the way America's democracy works. This kind of blame game politics is the reason I hate the two party system. Politicians don't represent the people anymore. They only represent their party's interests.

I don't blame either party for high gas prices. I blame the oil companies and the SUV loving American people.

I honestly believe Obama represents a sea-change in the political blame game stuff. It doesn't resort to baseless smearing or hollow accusations. I don't follow everything he says so I can't be 100% sure.

I blame dinosaurs, for not leaving many fossiles and not all decomposing into oil.

But God only put them there to test us.

Nothing gets done.

This is nothing new, it happens every day. That's just the way America's democracy works. This kind of blame game politics is the reason I hate the two party system. Politicians don't represent the people anymore. They only represent their party's interests.

I don't blame either party for high gas prices. I blame the oil companies and the SUV loving American people.

100% dead on.

But I still personally blame Bush for sending 4 of my friends to war.

and if you have buddies out there (anywhere there's fighting) you know that feeling of everyday there's a chance of you getting a phone call passing down news you don't want to get.

Nothing gets done.

100% dead on.

But I still personally blame Bush for sending 4 of my friends to war.

and if you have buddies out there (anywhere there's fighting) you know that feeling of everyday there's a chance of you getting a phone call passing down news you don't want to get.

yep brother, know what you're saying. my brother in law. he's back home now, but the whole time was a daily heartwrenching.

If you really want to have fun when your grandmother or some other relative says the dems' are trying to destroy the country by taxing the massive profits of oil companies just point out that they were GIVEN OUR LAND AND OUR OIL THAT IS LOCATED ON THE LAND to drill on and profit from for almost free from the government and yet have never passed those savings along to us.

Oh and the US oil companies have over a million acres of drillable land with known oil under them they haven't touched.

And if we let them in to ANWAR the republicans will piss and moan when we add the stipulation that the oil their can only go to US soil, and can't be sold anywhere else in the world.

Oh and the US oil companies have over a million acres of drillable land with known oil under them they haven't touched.

well known fact that once the rest of the world oil runs out, thats where we are going to get it. that'll certainly turn the US economy around. unfortunately for you guys, you might have to wait a bit coz the russians have started to get into the gazillions of gallons of oil they have underneath them.

from cold war to oil war.....

I'm all for going at the oil we have at our disposal but at the cost of hundreds of acres of untouched land or putting animals in massive harm. Lets sink our money in to being truly energy independent and move far, far away from oil and other fuels.

I just think our habits as a world have to change and our understanding of the repercussions of our actions needs to expand.

I'm all for going at the oil we have at our disposal but at the cost of hundreds of acres of untouched land or putting animals in massive harm. Lets sink our money in to being truly energy independent and move far, far away from oil and other fuels.

I just think our habits as a world have to change and our understanding of the repercussions of our actions needs to expand.

A1 to that man!

guess we're gonna have to stop this vinyl collecting too... :'(

A1 to that man!

guess we're gonna have to stop this vinyl collecting too... :'(

Well lets not get crazy now...Though to that point I do wonder what kind of environmental impact records do have compared to tapes, cds, and just in general.