Sign in to follow this  
Twistedshabazz

RIP: A389 Records

Looks like after 14 years A389 is officially winding down. Dom had been limiting the releases/represses he did as of the last few years but looks like he is finally hanging it up. 

He was always an awesome person to work with and I have spent far too much money supporting this label but they totally deserve it. 

Kind of wish he did a final “sale” but makes total sense to just send stuff to distros and call it a day. 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/a389-recordings-is-no-more/

RIP. I loved this label and couldn't agree more about Dom. He got helped me discover a lot of great music over the years. I haven't bought much recently aside from the new Integrity album variant they had and Pulling Teeth reissues since I cleaned up on the couple sales they did.  I can't say I am mad he is focusing more on his music though - the last Integrity album and the new ILSA record rule. 

bummed by this but not surprised given his overall dormancy. I bought soooo much shit from him back in the day. wasn't really on board with most of his releases in the last 5-ish years, though. 

between him and Halo of Flies closing around the same time, it's brutal.

HoF shutting down hurts my heart, Cory is such a good dude and I bought almost everything he put out for YEARS. I think he joked I had the most HoF releases of anyone on DeadFormat at the time. And DF is dead too. ugh. 

1 hour ago, jlobban said:

bummed by this but not surprised given his overall dormancy. I bought soooo much shit from him back in the day. wasn't really on board with most of his releases in the last 5-ish years, though. 

between him and Halo of Flies closing around the same time, it's brutal.

HoF shutting down hurts my heart, Cory is such a good dude and I bought almost everything he put out for YEARS. I think he joked I had the most HoF releases of anyone on DeadFormat at the time. And DF is dead too. ugh. 

I had no idea HOF was closing up too. What a bummer. Seems pretty picked over but going to fill the gap on the label releases i dont have and grab that vile creature.