Picture of your favorite vinyl in your collection!

impact

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need that clear blue smoke or fire and will trade good stuff for it

i wish i still had it. mostly because i went through some miserable shit with selling it on ebay.

some dude jacked the price to 150, then refused to pay, and left me negative feed back. then messaged everyone who bid saying to not take my second chance offers. ebay never even looked into it to take off my negative feed back either.

i even called the dudes house, haha.

Guest genericinsight

[image]

You're the only other person I've come across with a first press of this. Kudos on the good taste.

thank you. The funny thing is... I've had that record for literally 12 years. here's the story.

I first started collecting vinyl when I did all my mailorder for music when I was 14/15. The first time I ever heard TITR was on a local radio show that had a punk night. This was before the full length was even out. I loved what I heard of the band so much that I actually called the radio station and contacted the woman who hosted the show and asked her where to get a hold of the record, she gave me Rev's website url. I went there and sent away for a catalog... literally the first order I placed was for Sense Field's Building LP and the TITR 7", amongst a couple other things.

The package came and low and behold were the SF pink marble LP and the TITR green 7" that are in the photos above. I was stoked because I thought the colors looked awesome. then TITR broke up months later after the full length came out and years later only did I find out how rare the records actually were. My guess is Rev probably just sent them to people at random and I was one of the lucky ones. I think both records had just come out so they had first press copies on hand, I doubt they even knew which were colored and which were black.

My guess is Rev probably just sent them to people at random and I was one of the lucky ones.

Indeed it used to be the case. Back in the day, Rev sent out their colored vinyl randomly...there was no rhyme or reason to it...not like now when you can simply click the button for that colored wax.

Great record indeed!

i'm almost 100% positive i was the first person to order that SOF record, and i got two opaque blues. i was so jealous when kenny v got one of each!

i seriously though kenny v and you were the same person for awhile. probably because you both knew flood

im gonna pretend you didnt say that

haha

Guest genericinsight
My guess is Rev probably just sent them to people at random and I was one of the lucky ones.

Indeed it used to be the case. Back in the day, Rev sent out their colored vinyl randomly...there was no rhyme or reason to it...not like now when you can simply click the button for that colored wax.

Great record indeed!

Yeah, I got a few randomly selected colored records from Rev on many occasions back in the day. Another one was the CIV Social Climber 7" on blue which is also pretty rare (though I don't have it anymore, I sold it a few years ago). Same when I ordered from Fat as well. I kinda miss those days when you didn't know if you were getting colored vinyl or not... as sad as it is, I felt special every time I got a colored record in the mail when it was randomly picked.

though now I do enjoy the security of being able to be absolutely certain you'll get colored vinyl, and in some cases know exactly what color or pattern it is. Both then and now have their benefits.