Shipping query

docbronze

14 hours ago, docbronze said:

I tried this before I asked and found it less than helpful. Could be operator error of course, but either way. Thank you for the suggestion all the same.

It works, but only if you have all the information - weight of the package and shipping zip code.

Basically all

20 hours ago, docbronze said:

I tried this before I asked and found it less than helpful. Could be operator error of course, but either way. Thank you for the suggestion all the same.

5 hours ago, shenanigans said:

It works, but only if you have all the information - weight of the package and shipping zip code.

I used ship international frequently, less so now --  but you really don't need all that info to get a price -- as basically it's $23.50 First Class International to most of the EU if using typical mailer and less than 2 lbs. This is easy for single LP, but kind of close for 2xLP.  It was $22.50 from 2013 until not too long ago.

First Class International is now tracked as well. It typically takes 7 - 14 days.

Anything over 4 lbs. you have to ship Priority, cannot use First Class.

Priority Int'l like others said is double the $$, but arrives 6 to 10 business days. insured and tracked.

I ship probably to Denmark the most and it is 6 business days or less,

UK gets hung up in customs the most, and Germany can be a pain for the customs as well.

Canada rarely gets hung up, most of the time if going through Vancouver - I've watched one sit there for 10 days for no reason.

4 hours ago, drds89 said:

First Class International is now tracked as well. It typically takes 7 - 14 days.

Anything over 4 lbs. you have to ship Priority, cannot use First Class.

Not all countries provide tracking. There's a list, but I can't find it right now.

Also anything over $400 can't go first class (dealing with this now and putting insurance on so can't lie about value)

9 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Not all countries provide tracking. There's a list, but I can't find it right now.

Also anything over $400 can't go first class (dealing with this now and putting insurance on so can't lie about value)

Right, I didn't go into all the details (see USPS link above), and agree, always report the transaction amount for customs as sometimes buyers want you lower it.