ARE VINYL PRICES HIGHER IN THE WINTER???

maybe. i don't buy nearly as much vinyl in summer due to the heat. i haven't even checked ebay lately. my record rides around in the mail truck in the sun all day til it gets to my house. if im home great, but if not it then has to sit somewhere hot til i can get it.

i think your theory has some validity, i will start hunting on ebay when the temps cool down and my records hopefully won't warp in the mail.

It is also a fact that people buy much less music in the late Spring/ Summer months than they do between Sept-March.

One reason they say is because kids are in school during those months, and that when most kids like to be part of a "click" or kids talk more and share about good releases.

Also Oct/Nov are prime time release dates. Notice hardly any major label stuff comes out in late spring or summer.

oh that wasnt in regards to your question. didnt necessarily say you were trying to hype anything. i just mean in general prices fluctuate based on the hype surrounding a band/release. the new out of print stuff sky rockets the first time it hits ebay but will eventually die down a bit once its been around for a while. people that spend that much on a record immediately are just those who "need" to own it immediately. hence buying into the hype.

as to answering your question, some people may be a little hesitant to bid on something without any previous feedback but we all had to start somewhere. it may be wise to plug your label to maybe provide some more credibility instead of being just some random dude if that makes sense.

oh that wasnt in regards to your question. didnt necessarily say you were trying to hype anything. i just mean in general prices fluctuate based on the hype surrounding a band/release. the new out of print stuff sky rockets the first time it hits ebay but will eventually die down a bit once its been around for a while. people that spend that much on a record immediately are just those who "need" to own it immediately. hence buying into the hype.

as to answering your question, some people may be a little hesitant to bid on something without any previous feedback but we all had to start somewhere. it may be wise to plug your label to maybe provide some more credibility instead of being just some random dude if that makes sense.

Oh sorry man, I was half asleep and maybe a tad grouchy >:( Sorry if that came off as mean.

Yeah I was thinking about that with the label, but at the same time, I kind of like to keep a pretty low profile as far as the label goes, to avoid any stupid controversy like some kid possibly saying "Look the albums 13 bucks on E bay and only 10 on his website".

I don't know, It kind of sucks I kind of rejected technology as long as I could, in hopes that it just would go away or something, now here I am at the last minute trying to play catch up with kids half my age.

:(