I demand license plates that represent me!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/sclicense.plates/index.html

This would be fine if they made a reasonable effort to cover the faiths of everyone who wanted one, including Islam, Jew, Hindu, Mormon, Shinto, Flying Spaghetti Monster, The Hale-Bopp Cult, Jedi, Chthulu, and the Church of Latter Day Joe Strummers.

Whenever someone tells me they should teach creationism in schools, I say "yeah, they really do need to learn the Hindu creation stories." (The South is a fun place if you know what to say.)

Why would anyone need a Number plate with their religion on? couldn't you just put a stick fish on the back of your car

There are already too many of those in the south, they have to try and one-up each other by proving who is more christian.

What's even more ridiculous are the people trying to fight them with their Darwin fish and other variations.

this one wins...

[image]

In Indiana we have two main plates, one plain blue with the state name and seal with the numbers, and the exact same one except with the words "In God We Trust" to the side. Now thats fine with me except the In god we trust one is cheaper!!! What kind of shit is that?? When I registered for my new one and asked for the plain blue one the lady behind the desk looked up at me like I had horns and a pitch fork... It's good to know that I'm going to hell because of my car accessory decisions ::)

haha.

I just love the people who are like militantly against religious people (and not the like anti gay racist ones) but people who just believe in a higher power. I didn't know having an opinion was wrong?

I don't think anyone thinks having an opinion is wrong at all. They just disagree with the one you may have. But, to be totally honest, there are probably just as many people who agree with you, as well.

Maybe you mean they are dissing your beliefs. If that's the case, then this board isn't as accepting as I had once thought. Someone is an atheist, someone is a christian-it shouldn't matter. As a culture(the sub-pop, indie, punk rock, hardcore, etc cultures), we don't particularly judge people on their beliefs, race, sex, religion....only on their political stance. Other than that, in the 17 years I have been involved, I feel that we are very accepting.

haha.

I just love the people who are like militantly against religious people (and not the like anti gay racist ones) but people who just believe in a higher power. I didn't know having an opinion was wrong?

I respect other peoples' beliefs. BUT I do have a problem with lack of separation between church and state; i.e. license plates with christian messages on them.

I respect other peoples' beliefs. BUT I do have a problem with lack of separation between church and state; i.e. license plates with Christian messages on them.

^^^agreed

I have no problems with anyone supporting his or her faith on a license plate or car window. The thing that doesn't sit well with me is that these religious plates that some states are selling now are cheaper than the plain plates. To charge a person more just because they don't hold a certain belief is disappointing.

I don't have a problem with people's beliefs. I have a problem with people who think they need to point out what they believe at every possible juncture, just be content that you believe it and let all us sinners enjoy life.

I don't always agree with you, but you're spot on there.

Frankly, elected officials trying to get state-issued Christrian license plates and then claiming anyone who opposes is "prejudiced" against Christians is more than a little frightening.

Guest baseball

A couple months ago I went to the post office and parked next to a Hummer with a Jesus fish, W '04 sticker, support the troops ribbon, and gigantic "Liberalism is a mental disorder" sticker on the back window. You know those people exist, but it's always weird seeing them in real life.

My friend (ReginaldBuxley on here) wanted to make stickers that said "Your SUV makes your ass look big." and stick them on the big ridiculous SUVs as a joke. I thought that was a hilarious idea.

Really the only ones that annoy me are the "We <3 our Government" stickers. I mean seriously, you could probably name 5 different reasons for each why a liberal, conservative, Christian, Atheist, or any other type of person should not <3 the government. It's such a silly sticker.

A couple months ago I went to the post office and parked next to a Hummer with a Jesus fish, W '04 sticker, support the troops ribbon, and gigantic "Liberalism is a mental disorder" sticker on the back window. You know those people exist, but it's always weird seeing them in real life.

My friend (ReginaldBuxley on here) wanted to make stickers that said "Your SUV makes your ass look big." and stick them on the big ridiculous SUVs as a joke. I thought that was a hilarious idea.

Really the only ones that annoy me are the "We <3 our Government" stickers. I mean seriously, you could probably name 5 different reasons for each why a liberal, conservative, Christian, Atheist, or any other type of person should not <3 the government. It's such a silly sticker.

I thought about making stickers that said "your kid died for my gas" and placing them on hummers and other gigantic gas guzzlers.