Hellboy2

i think even in the beginning his father said "70 times 70." that's how i heard it at least.

i agree with the concensus, while the story was a touch spotty, del toro continues to be one of the most interesting visual directors around. watching everything in the golden army vault was incredible. stunning.

The thing I didn't get was, to my understanding, there was only 70 Golden Soldiers. But there was clearly many more than that.

The story his dad told in the beginning of the movie said "70 times 7" soldiers, which would be 490, but then the goblin at the end said "Here they are, 70 times 70," which is 4900. So I dunno if that was done on purpose or not.

they said "70 x 70" both times. also, this movie was meh at best, could have used some serious fat trimming.

the word that came to mind watching this last night would be: "schmaltzy"

Del Toro seemed to want to make this movie too cinematic for it's own good with the sweeping melodramatic score and they played up the love story elements waaaay too much.

Visually it's stunning, yeah it looks like Pan's Labyrinth, but that's not terrible thing...that's probably just going to be the directors style from now on...so no point complaining about it.

Cool to see Abe Sapien more...but is turned into a fucking retard.

Johann Krauss would have looked way cooler if he looked like he does in the comic...but would have had to been a puppet/fully digitally animated...

I guess it is what it is...but I had higher expectations that were let down by this being far too cheesy for it's own good.

i think even in the beginning his father said "70 times 70." that's how i heard it at least.

i agree with the concensus, while the story was a touch spotty, del toro continues to be one of the most interesting visual directors around. watching everything in the golden army vault was incredible. stunning.

Yeah, the Golden Army was pretty badass. After Hellboy and Krauss ran rampant on them, I was like, "Seriously? These things are supposed to be indestructable? Pssh." Then once they started rebuilding themselves, I think I actually might've muttered "Oh, shit" outloud.

the word that came to mind watching this last night would be: "schmaltzy"

Del Toro seemed to want to make this movie too cinematic for it's own good with the sweeping melodramatic score and they played up the love story elements waaaay too much.

Visually it's stunning, yeah it looks like Pan's Labyrinth, but that's not terrible thing...that's probably just going to be the directors style from now on...so no point complaining about it.

Cool to see Abe Sapien more...but is turned into a fucking retard.

Johann Krauss would have looked way cooler if he looked like he does in the comic...but would have had to been a puppet/fully digitally animated...

I guess it is what it is...but I had higher expectations that were let down by this being far too cheesy for it's own good.

Really? The score is the first album I've gone out to stores to buy in years. Sounded like John Williams writing a swing record.

1) since the dude from frasier (frasiers brother) isn't doing the voice for abe anymore, did dug jones still do a preety good job?

did ok, same basic direction/style/whatever but not as cool.

2)and how did seth mcfarlane do with the voice of kraus? sound anything at all like stewie or brian?

did ok...but hammed it up a little too much..but that's what he does best...

i didn't even know seth macfarlane did the voice until the closing credits.

and upon further reflection, i agree with justin. anytime you have danny elfman doing score for anything but a tim burton movie, it's probably a little much. and the whole baby/tumultuous relationship thing is so hackneyed...it really could've been done perfectly well without it.