Hellboy2

I liked the first one, mainly because it was a good comic book movie. Not too much corniness to the story, as comic book movies go, just enjoyable and re-watchable. Plus Ron Perlman did an awesome job. Stoked on the second movie. Think I'm doing WALL-E tonight with the girl but Hellboy 2 and Batman should be up next.

The new one fixes all of the problems w/ the first one. Namely the poorly injected corn feed white boy agent who added nothing. Dude is fucking gone.

I noted that in the previews. They played the first one on FX last night (loaded with promos for the second) and I was like, "Shit...you notice that dude's in none of the previews? Homeboy got the ax".

I don't really care if they even explain it. He wasn't needed.

This movie was pretty fucking stupid. Sorry dudes, I liked the first one and all, but this one was full of so much bullllllshit that had nothing at all to do with the Hellboy comic. It's like Guillermo Del Toro was like "ok, we can make another Hellboy movie, but only if I can use all my leftover bullshit from Pan's Labyrinth, especially guys with no eyes with eyes somewhere else on their body where they're not supposed to have eyes." Plus, the whole love story thing...barf. This movie is to Hellboy 1 what Spider-Man 3 was to Spider-Man 1. Jumped. The. Shark. Granted, there were some awesome things. Agent Krauss was awesome and hilarious. Ron Perlman as a little kid was hilarious. Some of the sets were cool, but man, why can't he just fight Nazis and Russians and shit?

This movie was pretty fucking stupid. Sorry dudes, I liked the first one and all, but this one was full of so much bullllllshit that had nothing at all to do with the Hellboy comic. It's like Guillermo Del Toro was like "ok, we can make another Hellboy movie, but only if I can use all my leftover bullshit from Pan's Labyrinth, especially guys with no eyes with eyes somewhere else on their body where they're not supposed to have eyes." Plus, the whole love story thing...barf. This movie is to Hellboy 1 what Spider-Man 3 was to Spider-Man 1. Jumped. The. Shark. Granted, there were some awesome things. Agent Krauss was awesome and hilarious. Ron Perlman as a little kid was hilarious. Some of the sets were cool, but man, why can't he just fight Nazis and Russians and shit?

The monster designs are totally in keeping with the style of the comic book, so the Pans Labyrinth criticism seems a bit unfair. And the story style (outside of the love story i suppose) is in keeping with the comic books. Dude didn't just fight russians and nazis. I've read at least a few of teh funny books that dealt with supernatural evils. It isn't going to be exactly like the comic unless they did it Sin City style, which while cool would also look fake as hell.

Just saw this tonight. Fucking awesome movie. The story is okay and has some ups and downs but the visuals are amazing. Not to mention things like the toothfairies make your skin crawl. As far as comedy the scene where he's drinking with Abe is still the best.

I really was just impressed with the time they put into every character, from the kings guards to the golden army. Really interesting stuff.

The thing I didn't get was, to my understanding, there was only 70 Golden Soldiers. But there was clearly many more than that.

The story his dad told in the beginning of the movie said "70 times 7" soldiers, which would be 490, but then the goblin at the end said "Here they are, 70 times 70," which is 4900. So I dunno if that was done on purpose or not.