Gaslight Anthem - SOS Demos tour edition on ebay

jesus fuck this gaslight stuff is getting out of hand... look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-GASLIGHT-ANTHEM-THE-59-SOUND-ADV-CD-2008-RARE_W0QQitemZ280246716687QQihZ018QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that much for a PROMO CD! hopefully side one finds the person selling it and takes them off the list. selling promo stuff is really fucking low, and screws all the people who legitimately get the stuff.

have you ever gotten promo shit? i was in charge of alt for WCLH in wilkes-barre and in the 2 years i was there, the promo stuff dried up a good bit because most of the people who get it just turn around and resale it. it hurts the college radio stations a lot and the other people who legitimately need the stuff. for a few albums i wanted to play, i ended up downloading them off oink and burning them for the station because we couldn't get promo cds for it.

also, it sucks for the band that someone is getting $23 for a promo cd that most likely the label took money out of their sales for. victory is notorious for wasting all a bands profit on "promo" shit. side one i haven't heard about, but i'm assuming it still comes out of the bands profits on the cd til they recoup all the expenses.

have you ever gotten promo shit? i was in charge of alt for WCLH in wilkes-barre and in the 2 years i was there, the promo stuff dried up a good bit because most of the people who get it just turn around and resale it. it hurts the college radio stations a lot and the other people who legitimately need the stuff. for a few albums i wanted to play, i ended up downloading them off oink and burning them for the station because we couldn't get promo cds for it.

also, it sucks for the band that someone is getting $23 for a promo cd that most likely the label took money out of their sales for. victory is notorious for wasting all a bands profit on "promo" shit. side one i haven't heard about, but i'm assuming it still comes out of the bands profits on the cd til they recoup all the expenses.

While that may be a legit concern, reporting someone to a label for selling a promo is a bit overboard. To me it's similar to reporting someone for flipping a record. It may suck and it may be shitty, but it's going to happen.

Promos only tend to dry up when there's a shitty music director that's not keeping in touch with their promoters, it has very little to do with people selling promos. Promoters have better things to do than try to keep track of which of their 200 staions are selling things.

jesus fuck this gaslight stuff is getting out of hand... look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-GASLIGHT-ANTHEM-THE-59-SOUND-ADV-CD-2008-RARE_W0QQitemZ280246716687QQihZ018QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that much for a PROMO CD! hopefully side one finds the person selling it and takes them off the list. selling promo stuff is really fucking low, and screws all the people who legitimately get the stuff.

seriously? it was probably sent to a store.

i know the borders gets promos from side one and randomly sends them out to their stores...so this could be some dude from any of 100000 retail establishments that got a promo for instore play...good luck finding the one dude whos responsible.

Wish they would get in touch with me. They have my money, but haven't replied to IM's, emails, so who knows. Would be

nice to get my money back at least so I can start tracking these records down...

It's gonna take you a lot more than the $21 of yours they have ;)

Much more, very well aware of what it could take. Oh well, it's the weekend, I'm sure I'll hear from them tomorrow or tuesday! :)