ps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I picked up my new ride today:

[image]

2008 Trek Soho S

got it for a steal (courtesy craigslist), but I had to drive down to Boston this morning to get it. As of Monday I will no longer require gasoline to get my ass to work... and that is awesome.

That's pretty much the perfect commuting setup. Congrats on finding one for a good price.

[image]

i volunteered at a place in salt lake called the bicycle collective last summer and payed for my bike in service hours. the collective's basically a bicycle junkyard where anyone can come and fix up their bikes on the cheap. we also built bikes out of scrap for charity.

anyway, it's an old schwinn frame. i painted it and added a flipflop hub, toe clips, handlebar grip, and a new brake grip. even if i had payed for it, i'd have only been out about $80 or so.

oh yes, it's fixed.

;D

[image]

[image]

i volunteered at a place in salt lake called the bicycle collective last summer and payed for my bike in service hours. the collective's basically a bicycle junkyard where anyone can come and fix up their bikes on the cheap. we also built bikes out of scrap for charity.

anyway, it's an old schwinn frame. i painted it and added a flipflop hub, toe clips, handlebar grip, and a new brake grip. even if i had payed for it, i'd have only been out about $80 or so.

oh yes, it's fixed.

;D

That looks really nice, but the gear looks WAY low. Can you get good speed with that little chainring? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo or something. Then again, Utah has some monster hills, so maybe it's intentional.

That looks really nice, but the gear looks WAY low. Can you get good speed with that little chainring? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo or something. Then again, Utah has some monster hills, so maybe it's intentional.

i don't really know enough about bikes to be dangerous, but the guy who helped me order my stuff worked out the gear ratio so that the number of teeth was odd on the free wheel (helpful so that you don't wear the tire in the same places when you skid) and that the ratio was middle of the line (not to stiff and not too low a top speed). i can hit between 15 and 20 mph when i'm crankin' hard.

here's a closer view of the drive system:

[image]

[image]

2008 Trek Soho S

got it for a steal (courtesy craigslist), but I had to drive down to Boston this morning to get it. As of Monday I will no longer require gasoline to get my ass to work... and that is awesome.

Damn, that looks sweet. It's nice to see a different image. I like how the frame is designed similar to a mountain bike, which I am used to.

So how does it ride? How is the single chain ring geared out? Easy to ride? Also, I haven't seen the fender on them. Did the seller add those?

Sorry man. Don't mean to blow you up, but I've seriously been considering this bike and I haven't been able to test ride it.

[image]

2008 Trek Soho S

Honestly this bike looks like it's murdered out! Sick!

I peddle sixteen miles round trip from work everyday.

hey bikers,

what are some good brands to look out for?

i know Trek is good, but what about like Giant and Cannondale?

im looking to get a nice bike to ride to school (only about 2.5-3 miles).

these any good?:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bik/786669267.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bik/786667259.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bik/786139338.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bik/785102945.html