Suburban Home signs Useless I.D.

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

We are really excited to announce that we have worked out an arrangement with Useless I.D. to release their upcoming album, "The Lost Broken Bones" in North America. We will be putting out the album on vinyl, CD, and digitally and could not be more stoked. I have been listening to the album quite a bit and even this early on, I have no problem saying that this is the greatest recording of their career.

I first met Useless I.D. when I was out on the Warped tour with the Gamits back in the day. We ended up having our tent next to theirs and we quickly became friends. I remember on at least a one occasion getting really drunk around those guys when the Gamits had called it quits in the middle of Warped and they were there for moral support. Chris from the Gamits even sang on a track on their last album, Redemption.

I ran into Ishay and Guy from Useless I.D. earlier this year in Ft Collins (of all places) while the band were recording their album at the Blasting Room. I was in the middle of the Drag the River reunion weekend and they had come out to the show after a day of recording. They had mentioned that they were looking for a label in the states to release their new album and I was way into the idea. We have been talking on and off since then and today, we have come to an agreement.

Suburban Home will release the Israeli band's newest album, "The Lost Broken Bones" October of 2008.

To bring up some bad memories, I was really bummed a while back when Suburban Home said they would be scaling back. I understood and respected the decision but it was still a bummer. I'm glad to see that Virgil (and CO.) have continued to release amazing albums through out.

I've heard some good stuff from these dudes, could be really good.

Guest Admin
To bring up some bad memories, I was really bummed a while back when Suburban Home said they would be scaling back. I understood and respected the decision but it was still a bummer. I'm glad to see that Virgil (and CO.) have continued to release amazing albums through out.

I've heard some good stuff from these dudes, could be really good.

thanks man. Yeah, it has been a complete 180 in just a year's time. I am really excited to be where we are at and I could not be happier with working with these guys. thanks.

the new album is so good!

Guest Admin
I'd be stoked, 7 years ago.

I totally get that, but when we post a stream of this, please give it a listen. I have outgrown a lot of my taste for pop-punk, but I think that the guys have really outdone themselves. I would not be putting this out if I didn't think this.

I'd be stoked, 7 years ago.

I totally get that, but when we post a stream of this, please give it a listen. I have outgrown a lot of my taste for pop-punk, but I think that the guys have really outdone themselves. I would not be putting this out if I didn't think this.

Oh, I'll totally listen to it no matter what. I was just being goofy.

back around 2000 my band had a couple shows with useless I.D. one of which was a house show on indianola ave if you've ever been to Columbus, oh. anyways, the day afterwards they decide to eat at the pita pit on high street and they were pretty much horrified at what they were served. after verbally criticizing the restaurant extensively it ends up burning down (as well as a used cd shop beneath it) a few months later. moral of the story: useless i.d. is an unstoppable force not to be reckoned with.

thats great! i have actually been spinning the "dead's not punk" LP a good bit lately and have been meaning to pick up the ataris split.

Hope this album sounds more like their earlier stuff

Just picked up "Deads not Punk" LP on eBay for 1.99 plus shipping today. Major score. Bought the cd from No Idea in 1999.