warped records, fix?

i got the new next what well over a year ago and it was warped the second i pulled it out of the record sleve.

i emailed no idea and they said no big deal mail it back and we'll give you a new one. well i'm lazy and went on tour and never did it.

now i've still got this record sitting in my collection.

does anyone have any solutions to fix this?

i was told if you place two pieces of glass around it, let it bake in the sun for a bit, then let it cool...bam new record...

its worth a try but once again i'm lazy and never done it...

any other ideas? anyone succesfully fix a warped record?

i got the new next what well over a year ago and it was warped the second i pulled it out of the record sleve.

i emailed no idea and they said no big deal mail it back and we'll give you a new one. well i'm lazy and went on tour and never did it.

now i've still got this record sitting in my collection.

does anyone have any solutions to fix this?

i was told if you place two pieces of glass around it, let it bake in the sun for a bit, then let it cool...bam new record...

its worth a try but once again i'm lazy and never done it...

any other ideas? anyone succesfully fix a warped record?

this is a good method if you do it right. leave it in the sun for just a few minutes. you should be able to tell how warm it is by touch, it should get to no more than 80-90 degrees fahrenheit. i guess if youre really anal about it, you could use one of those thin plastic thermometers to tell the temperature between the glass.

but after it gets to the right temperature, just take the plates and record and set them, as is, on a cool flat surface, and wait a few hours for them to cool. and when you take the record out from between the glass, it should be perfectly flat again.