New titles

Guest conoley

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're too clunky and confusing. I'd rather see something like these, indicating rarity (like what you're going for) but a bit more succinct:

No Idea grey

Planet Of Ice first pressing

Lifetime on red

Goddamnit original pressing

The Decline on clear

Fuel For The Hate Game cow-spotted

etc etc etc

i really just dont want specific bands or releases. i dont like lifetime, despise alkaline trio and dont even know who the hell fuel for the hate game is

nothing against you, scott. just using your proposal as an example. i just dont like the idea of using bands as a qualifier of awesomeness. is all subjective

Guest conoley
Go with something less focused..

Maybe, something like "Repress", "Limited pressing" "Limited color pressing" "Picture disc" "OOP First pressing" "Test Pressing"...I don't know.

Or McDonald's characters...I call Grimace forever!

That sounds like a pretty good idea

Guest conoley
They're too clunky and confusing. I'd rather see something like these, indicating rarity (like what you're going for) but a bit more succinct:

No Idea grey

Planet Of Ice first pressing

Lifetime on red

Goddamnit original pressing

The Decline on clear

Fuel For The Hate Game cow-spotted

etc etc etc

Most of those are in there as the ranks go up (not Lifetime or No Idea)

Funny story, No Idea had a Fuel For the Hate Game on Cow spotted for $250 at the Fest. I considered it but decided to pass. It was more than twice the test pressings...insanity.

Thats because those test pressings were not originals from 1997 but the tests from a later repress a couple years back (it was also at the time when they started ordering more test pressings, therefore making them less rare). Had it been a test from the original pressing it would have most likely gone for more.

Thats because those test pressings were not originals from 1997 but the tests from a later repress a couple years back (it was also at the time when they started ordering more test pressings, therefore making them less rare). Had it been a test from the original pressing it would have most likely gone for more.

That's what I would have thought but they weren't. The 2003 ones had that written on the sleeve. These were from the 1997 and were going for $100. Of course when I asked about it they said it was hard to keep track of all the Fuel test pressings because they had so many that were wrong. Likely the ones on sale that day were of that bunch. Of course, there may have been a miscommunication.

That's what I would have thought but they weren't. The 2003 ones had that written on the sleeve. These were from the 1997 and were going for $100. Of course when I asked about it they said it was hard to keep track of all the Fuel test pressings because they had so many that were wrong. Likely the ones on sale that day were of that bunch. Of course, there may have been a miscommunication.

Wow, if they actually have tests from 1997 for $100 I might pick one of those up when I get some cash.

Right now there are 12 rankings. so we'd need 12.

1. thrift store 7"

2. Repress

3. Picture Disc

4. out of 2,000

5. 180 Gram Vinyl

6. Tour pressing

7. Record Release Press

8. Rare Color Press

9. Out of Print

10. First Press

11. Test Press

12. White Whale

I don't know, something like that. They can be switched around a bit too.