best samiam record?

i have 3 sam-i-am albums

billy,astray and whatever's got you down.

so my opinion is

billy > astray > whatever's got you down....

Go get the S/T record. If you prefer Billy to the newer stuff. I like Soar too, but I've been grabbing them as they came out and Soar was a little bit of a disappointment after the S/T, can't possible recommend it more. (not that you give a shit about my recommendations)

i like isocracy more

haha.... im more a SWEET BABY Fan myself.. since we're talking about bands the members were in before..haha

yeah sweet baby jesus was awesome. i have an unreleased album by them with also with live songs (including their first show with dr. frank on drums) i posted it in th b-sides thread a long time ago, but i can re-up it if its gone

haha.... im more a SWEET BABY Fan myself.. since we're talking about bands the members were in before..haha

yeah sweet baby jesus was awesome. i have an unreleased album by them with also with live songs (including their first show with dr. frank on drums) i posted it in th b-sides thread a long time ago, but i can re-up it if its gone

Did you here they played that INSubordinaton? fest, a few weeks ago, my friend dave (Parasite) was telling me about... he asked me if i was gonna go, i said no. Then he mentioned SWEET BABY was gonna play and I almost thought about seling my guitar to go up there just to see them. I loved that band... It's a Girl is a fucking awesome album

Did you here they played that INSubordinaton? fest, a few weeks ago, my friend dave (Parasite) was telling me about... he asked me if i was gonna go, i said no. Then he mentioned SWEET BABY was gonna play and I almost thought about seling my guitar to go up there just to see them. I loved that band... It's a Girl is a fucking awesome album

yeah i saw that, that fest had an amazing line-up this year, their best yet. i wish i could have gone.

Solea > Samiam

You are crazy.

I'd rather listen to Texas is the Reason over Solea any day if I want to hear his voice.

I have to go with the s/t for my favorite SAMIAM record, just wish it could be remastered. I love them all though (I'm still a little bitter about CLUMSY... I hated that thing when it came out, I'm starting to come around though... it's only taken me close to 15 years)

Incorrect! The self-titled Solea album is a perfect pop record. I had to import that son of a bitch LP all the way from Germany too. The most I ever paid for a record.

No so sold on the second full-length yet, but since I don't have it on vinyl I don't listen to it all that much.

I think Solea was better than TITR, but not nearly as good as Samiam.

Samiam is probably the most influential band since Rites of Spring, but gets no credit.

Here's how I'd rank the records

1. Clumsy

2. S/T

3. Billy

4. You Are Freaking Me Out

5. Astray

6. Soar

7. Whatever's Got You Down

You put Clumsy at the top? I'm still coming around on that one, I shit on it for so many years, it's hard to eat my pride and pretend that one exists sometimes. I will say 'Bad Day' is an amazing song.

I'd have to go with

1. S/T (I think 'The Bridge' is my favorite Samiam song)

2. You are Freaking Me Out

3. Billy

4. Astray

5. Whatever's Got You Down (just seems like great old man music)

6. Soar

7. Clumsy

Don't get me wrong, I like SOLEA quite a lot, I just hear his voice and it makes me reach for my Texas Is the Reason records.

You put Clumsy at the top? I'm still coming around on that one, I shit on it for so many years, it's hard to eat my pride and pretend that one exists sometimes. I will say 'Bad Day' is an amazing song.

I had listened to Samiam for years before "Clumsy" came out. It came out at a time when all the bands I loved were signing to majors and putting out what I thought at the time were records that were attempts to be commercially viable and I was very bummed. I bought it anyway, and from the first track I was blown away.

"Capsized" and "Stepson" are just amazing songs that are filled with more emotion than most any song I've heard. The fact they can juxtapose songs like that and "Bad Day" is why they're one of my favorite bands ever. There isn't a bad song on the album.

I had listened to Samiam for years before "Clumsy" came out. It came out at a time when all the bands I loved were signing to majors and putting out what I thought at the time were records that were attempts to be commercially viable and I was very bummed. I bought it anyway, and from the first track I was blown away.

"Capsized" and "Stepson" are just amazing songs that are filled with more emotion than most any song I've heard. The fact they can juxtapose songs like that and "Bad Day" is why they're one of my favorite bands ever. There isn't a bad song on the album.

I'm in the same boat as you, but when I first heard it, I hated the production. It does have some great songs and like I said, I've come around on it.

I'm in the same boat as you, but when I first heard it, I hated the production. It does have some great songs and like I said, I've come around on it.

What about the production do you find off putting? I was produced by Lou Giordano, who is probably the best punk producer in history.

I don't know exactly what did it to me. I guess it felt too 'polished' and I know that sounds cliche, I just think it was the entire record as a whole, it just didn't do for me what the 3 before it did. I'm just going to talk in circles trying to pinpoint exactly what did it. Basically it just wasn't for me when it came out, I've got a lot more appreciation for it now.

What about the production do you find off putting? I was produced by Lou Giordano, who is probably the best punk producer in history.

I don't know exactly what did it to me. I guess it felt too 'polished' and I know that sounds cliche, I just think it was the entire record as a whole, it just didn't do for me what the 3 before it did. I'm just going to talk in circles trying to pinpoint exactly what did it. Basically it just wasn't for me when it came out, I've got a lot more appreciation for it now.

I loved Clumsy and yes, it was polished, but it's the same ol' Samiam, but with a better recording. I don't think it was necessarily any worse or any better than any of the other albums.. It was surely a better recording only.. the first 3 were pretty muddled recordings now that some time has passed. Almost like they recorded all all of them on a home four track. I surely don't think it's the best album as far as content, but it by far wasn't crappy. I still give it a listen from time to time.