MLB Discussion

gonzalez is seriously the last person on that roster i want to see go. him pedroira and ortiz really.

i know hes got a monster contract, but hes put up monster numbers in 3/4 of the games hes played here.

starting over is something thats been kicked around since last years collapse. i think a lot of us wanted to believe it was a fluke, and that there was enough talent to put it behind.. but jesus christ, here we are.

beckett needs to be gone. the only chance this company has of bouncing back in 13 is if beckett is far far away from fenway.

I totally agree with you about on Petey and Gonzalez. If they can do Ortiz year to year or MAYBE a 2 year deal than I might be on board.

Larger point I was making is if the Red Sox want to sell I have no problem with them selling damn near everthing and starting a serious rebuilding process.

Its risky for the Dodgers but they have the money to do it, this isnt going to prevent them from getting other pieces they need down the road and this deal has a ton of potential upside for the Dodgers. Its a win for both teams.

Definitely a good dump for Boston. We'll see how this works out by the end of next year for the Dodgers. Gonzalez was a piece they had to have and is a "bargain" compared to Pujols, Votto, Fielder and even Texiera.

Definitely a good dump for Boston. We'll see how this works out by the end of next year for the Dodgers. Gonzalez was a piece they had to have and is a "bargain" compared to Pujols, Votto, Fielder and even Texiera.

I'd love to see the Dodgers miss the playoffs. How is he a bargain? They had to pick up Crawford and Becket to get Adrian. The Dodgers are spending all this money right now that's just going to come back and bite them in the ass down the road.

Crawford could still pan, less sure about Beckett but it is possible. You have a bunch of guys who seemingly didn't like playing in Boston, I wouldn't be surprised if they performed better for the Dodgers. But for the salary they inherited it'll probably never be a good "deal", you just hope it doesn't cost them bigtime in the long run.

You also have to remember they just lost their top minor league prospects too. It's obviously a we want to win now move, but if they don't win they'll look like idiots and then have to sort out these huge money contracts. In 2017 they'll be paying a 35 year old Gonzalez $21,500,000 and a 36 year old Crawford $21,000,000.

They didnt give up their top prospects at all. They made sure they held onto the top two prospects in their system. They got two players who desperately needed out of Boston who could easily turn it around in LA where there wont be as much pressure on them and a great contract (compared to the going rate) for firstbasemen on top of it. I dont understand Boston doing it as they have wanted Adrien for years before they ever got him and was trying to get him via trade three years before they got him.