MLB Discussion

buccholz was groovin' today. 6th and 7th innings he was like bob ross on the mound.

shame to see him lose the no-no on a broken bat blooper, but the starts that he and lester are having right now are exactly what this team needed.

14 Years. 1991-2005, with far too many of those years ending in the NLDS.

Well, technically they moved to the NL East in 1994, but they won the NL West the 3 years prior.

I find it funny how many Braves fans live up to the stereotype of indifference, but I guess I can't speak for them, living 7+ hours away.

14 Years. 1991-2005, with far too many of those years ending in the NLDS.

You have to keep in mind that during this tenure it wasn't so much that the Braves were good, it was that many of the other teams in their divisions were pretty terrible, boosting them on up in the 1st place slot. 

This is supported by the fact that once the season ended and they actually had to play competitively during the playoffs, they never really got anywhere.

You have to keep in mind that during this tenure it wasn't so much that the Braves were good, it was that many of the other teams in their divisions were pretty terrible, boosting them on up in the 1st place slot. 

I can certainly vouch for the Pirates during that stretch. 

Did he slow down so he could dive??

i don't think so. he made incredible extension and covered a lot of ground after his feet lifted off.

edit: he took a bad route, first step in. definitely wouldn't have needed to lay out if he took first step back but a a line drive like that is really hard to read, so i can't blame him.