MLB Discussion

True. And I know the braves are hot. But after the back to back dings, remove pitcher.

Not keep him in for another.

He makes questionable moves and non moves.

On the other hand, by making it a 4 run lead instead of 2, you at least had a chance to set something up in the 9th by seeing Avilan instead of Kimbrel first.

The Angels are bummin' me the fuck out. The pitching is an absolute joke.

I dunno what the point of spending all this cash of Pujols and Hamilton was if they were going to completely ignore the pitching side of things.

I dont think anyone is surprised that Hanson and Blanton are terrible again and now they have nothing to trade for pitching except starting position players.

someone on espn insider said the angels should trade for bud norris. i love that idea because norris is solid and would benefit greatly from a better offense. but then the writer says the trade package should be centered around garrett richards. what? really?

my friend and i were completely dumbfounded bordering on embarrassed when we heard the angels signed blanton. that is a fucking JOKE. he doesn't deserve to be on any big league roster except maybe houston's or miami's, and he still would only be a #3 at best.

the angels, like the blue jays, have zero bench depth. it's pitiful.

the red sox have been on a mini-tear of sorts. i was watching last night and saw ellsbury and victorino record back-to-back hits. man, that 1-2 ain't too shabby.

in other news, matt cain. yikes. two of four starts where he's been absolutely pummeled. i know analysts will be all over it so i'm curious to see what they conclude.

Cain's problem is definitely the long ball. His whip isn't elite but not THAT bad (1.32). Compare that to Lincecum (1.56) or Haren (2.03) and there is a big difference.

Maybe they will conclude that he just mislocated a few pitches that got hammered and he needs to keep the ball down in the zone. Or else they will just say "he looks good, this happens, just chance that it happened twice in four starts to start the year".

I am not worried about him at all (other than the fact that having these two starts already means that the ERA is likely over 3 rather than under if he just pitches like himself from here out.