MLB Discussion

Starting to look at the prospect rankings. Man are the Cubs and Twins farm systems stacked.

Tigers might have 1 in the top 100 (Moya) but that's nothing new.

yeah, the cubs are stacked, its disgusting, but thats what happens when youre one of the worst teams in the last decade.  look at houston and pittsburgh

Yep but they also have the capability to rack up the payroll. I'd be pretty positive on the next decade if I were a Cubs fan. Prospects are going to bust but between Baez/Bryant/Russell/Soler, you only need 2 of those guys to live up to their billing to be in great shape for a while. Bryant seems as can't miss as they come right now.

Cubs just traded Valbuena and Straily for Dexter Fowler.

I'm going to miss Fowler (Springer probably will more since they became great friends), but he wasn't going to be resigned next season. Probably would have been traded by July anyway. Guy played hard and always had a great attitude. But I'll take that upgrade at 3rd, with hopefully Moran ready to take it over at some point.

I'm going to miss Fowler (Springer probably will more since they became great friends), but he wasn't going to be resigned next season. Probably would have been traded by July anyway. Guy played hard and always had a great attitude. But I'll take that upgrade at 3rd, with hopefully Moran ready to take it over at some point.

More importantly it gives Springer an OF spot so that Gattis can DH more regularly.

Smart move by Scherzer to take that deal. Rumor is also that the Nats arent trading anyone from the rotation this year, so it helps the Nats be able to afford them all.

Oh Scott Boras abused the Nats on this one. Goes back to my "better win one now" comment.. because they will be a joke in 6/7 years at this rate

More importantly it gives Springer an OF spot so that Gattis can DH more regularly.

Carter is staying DH after 37 home runs. Springer already had his spot, he hit 20 home runs in his first 78 MLB games. This definitely gives Marisnick the starting job at CF now. After already giving Singleton a contract they have to keep trying him at 1st for while longer. Hopefully he settles down. People freaked out, but the kid is still only 23. 

I'm so happy to see several guys I watched play in the minors doing so well. Can't wait to take the trip to Corpus Christi to see Carlos Correa up close. I've go to see him at a small stadium before he's called up.