MLB Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy Advice - 

Keeper League having trouble making a couple of decisions.

Adrian Beltre vs George Springer - I'm pretty solid on Springer but there is a little bit of me that wants to keep Beltre.

and 

Matt Harvey, David Price and Jose Fernendez  - I can keep two.  I go back and forth on this to no end.  Leaning towards Harvey and Fernendez, but I know short term Price is the best of the three.

Fantasy Advice - 

Keeper League having trouble making a couple of decisions.

Adrian Beltre vs George Springer - I'm pretty solid on Springer but there is a little bit of me that wants to keep Beltre.

and 

Matt Harvey, David Price and Jose Fernendez  - I can keep two.  I go back and forth on this to no end.  Leaning towards Harvey and Fernendez, but I know short term Price is the best of the three.

Harvey and Fernendez are both coming off injury, so that always makes me pause, but man theyre so good.  It would depend where they would slot in your draft... are keepers based on rd they were drafted, or are they assigned specific slots?

Id go with Beltre, he is a stud at 3B, and can still get you a few more years of great production there, opposed to the OF with Springer where you can come across someone with his talent a lot easier than at 3B. For the pitchers, assuming it is a keeper until you get rid of them, go with Harvey and Fernandez. You might miss out on having Price for this year but next year and beyond you will have the better two.

You'd be crazy to throw Price back. 271 Ks last year, in a contract year, no injury history, and on a far better team than either of those other guys.

I'm not a huge Beltre guy but I'd go with him. You don't win your league in the first couple rounds (usually), but you can easily lose it. Steady production at a weaker position.

I locked in Andrew McCutcheon, Troy Tulowitzki and George Springer.  Threw back Beltre because I'm really pretty enamoured with Springer.  For pitchers I ended up going with David Price and Jose Fernandez.  Was thinking I should keep Harvey over Fernandez, but like Springer I get man crushes and it's hard for me to think clearly.  Plus I know a couple other guys in the league love Fernandez pretty fierce and they'd most likely draft him Round 1.  Harvey is more likley to make it my pick so if I want him I'd have a shot at it.

Thanks for hte input all.