MLB Discussion

Seasons won't be shortened...why would teams want to sell less tickets?

Please don't make playoffs any bigger, I see the appeal, but enjoy the fact that it's harder to make the playoffs then any other sport.

I agree that the number of playoff teams is perfect, I just wish the wild card game would be a series instead of one game - even best of 3 would be better than the roll of the dice that's one single game.

Tried to post that before but the board wasn't working.

Rumor is that the Pirates are going to add a RP and Cole Hamels may be a Cub very soon.

They have no need for Castro since they have a top 5 prospect, J.P. Crawford, who will probably be the starter at shortstop next year.

They have no need for Castro since they have a top 5 prospect, J.P. Crawford, who will probably be the starter at shortstop next year.

Castro would probably man SS until Crawford comes up, he isnt guaranteed to break camp with the club next year. Once Crawford comes up, Castro would probably be shifted to 2nd to take over for Utley. And that is if the Phils were getting Castro back, I hadnt seen that one thrown around. 

It almost happened last night but the Reds pulled out at the last minute because they were concerned about an injured player coming to them.

I wouldnt be too worried about having to give up Mondesi if they did, he is still only 19 and struggling a bit in AA. It might be a few years before he comes up, and in the meantime Cueto might get them a ring.