MLB Discussion

He'll be running everything in no time. He did the same thing in Detroit with Randy Smith. It's kinda funny he smartly chose to deal Porcello and now he has to deal with that dumpster fire again.

Fenway was cool. It really feels like it's 100 years old. Grandstand seats weren't comfortable but the space wasn't too bad (I'm 6 foot). Probably helped that I had empty seats to both sides so I could stretch laterally a little.

Losing Cole hurt, but there was such an upside to trading him with that massive prospect haul we got back. Losing Utley is a punch to the stomach, we arent going to get any real talent back, but we are losing the heart and soul of our team for the past 10 years. This one hurts, I always hoped he spent his whole career with us.

Utley to the Dodgers, jesus christ, that team is TRYING to be old as fuck

It's really pretty entertaining to me how rosey the Dodgers have come out with hitting acquisitions like Gonzalez and Turner and Grandal and even keeping Ethier over Kemp.. but yet how they can't seem to get any consistent success out of the arms outside of Kershaw and Grienke. Now they add Utley. I get the idea, but Kershaw and Greinke better be ready to pitch every 3rd day this October.

Losing Cole hurt, but there was such an upside to trading him with that massive prospect haul we got back. Losing Utley is a punch to the stomach, we arent going to get any real talent back, but we are losing the heart and soul of our team for the past 10 years. This one hurts, I always hoped he spent his whole career with us.

True. But I don't think he was coming back last year anyway. I was hoping he'd get to come out on the field during the game and tip his cap to the crowd like when Bobby Abreu got traded.  

Injured: Adam Wainwright (P), Matt Adams (1B), John Jay (CF), Matt Holliday (LF), Randal Grichuk (RF)

and still in first place?

I really expect them to fall apart at any moment, but happy they aren't.

It's really not fair how the Giants and Cardinals seem to be able to call up any prospect at any time and get instant production.