SUPERMACHINER "rise of the great machine" Converge

Supermachiner was intended as a side project of the Boston hardcore band Converge, which includes singer/songwriter Jacob Bannon and guitarist Kurt Ballou. Finally here's "Rise of the Great Machine" released for the first time ever on vinyl, the record was originally released by a now defunct label called Undecided Records in 2001. 19 tracks of post rock, experimental metal mixed with ambient tunes and unsane samples. The cover artwork was totally re-done by Jacob Bannon himself and the record comes in a lovely gatefold 2xLP with limited color editions (white and grey marbled, 150 copies of each color).

black : http://www.musicfearsatan.com/Default2.asp?lang=eng&detail=4625

grey : http://www.musicfearsatan.com/Default2.asp?lang=eng&detail=4630

white : http://www.musicfearsatan.com/Default2.asp?lang=eng&detail=4629

i've never heard of this - i just know theres LOTS of converge fans on here. i'm interested in the descriptive "19 tracks of post rock, experimental metal mixed with ambient tunes and unsane samples", but am just a bit worried about spending this on something completely unheard. whaddya you folks reckon?

have listened to about 3/4s of it and am really liking it. lotta money though. might just 'fuck it' and buy.

EDIT: goddammit, i've spent a lot of money in the last hour or so. Torche vinyl, Jesu vinyl and CD, Supermachiner vinyl, 2 x Manatees vinyl....

my wife is gonna fucking KEEEEEEL me....

have listened to about 3/4s of it and am really liking it. lotta money though. might just 'fuck it' and buy.

EDIT: goddammit, i've spent a lot of money in the last hour or so. Torche vinyl, Jesu vinyl and CD, Supermachiner vinyl, 2 x Manatees vinyl....

my wife is gonna fucking KEEEEEEL me....

Meh buy her some flowers or a new vibrator.. she'll get over it

theres got to be somewhere you can download it. i havent listened to it in a while, but i remember it being really slow, really quiet and there being a killer track of a woman screaming bloody murder. its definitely worth a listen

yeah, i listened to the cd when it came out but really wasn't feeling it. after checking out some samples yesterday, i am really liking it. i'm glad i didn't buy the cd though, so i'll definitely grab a vinyl copy.

• 1 month later...