Fuck the mailman

• 2 weeks later...

so i sent 3 boxes of stuff from the UK to my Australian address about a month ago. one of the boxes contained records. about a week after i posted them, 2 of the boxes arrived. as of today, the 3rd hasnt and guess what, it is the one containing the records.

Boris - Smile (new diwphalanx LP)

Helmet - Born Annoying (on clear yellow)

Mars Volta - Deloused (silver) and Televators (pic disc)'

Capricorns - s/t 12" EP

Soundgarden - Loud Love 10" EP (fold out sleeve)

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 12" EP

think the mailman liked the look of what I sent.

am really trying not to stew on this, but it is mighty hard. now i gotta go through all the compensation bullshit with Royal Mail and Australia Post. Thing is, neither of the organisations will take responsibility for this box going missing coz this has happened before with a gift we posted a while back. fucking shit.

Guest falloutcollapse

My mail lady is really friendly, but doesn't understand how delicate some packages is so she leaves vinyl out in the sun and stuff. She does it so I know that it's there when I drive up the driveway, but I get really nervous that it might be ruined.

For everyone concerned about the safety of their records sitting outside when they're at work: HAVE YOUR ORDERS SENT TO YOUR WORK ADDRESS. I know Dante and I both do this, and it rules. The only downside is no Saturday vinyl, but even still, I know my records are never sitting out in the elements since we have a mail room.

For everyone concerned about the safety of their records sitting outside when they're at work: HAVE YOUR ORDERS SENT TO YOUR WORK ADDRESS. I know Dante and I both do this, and it rules. The only downside is no Saturday vinyl, but even still, I know my records are never sitting out in the elements since we have a mail room.

just started doing this.

Everyone at work ask me 10000 questions about whatever record i get

i've never had problems with my mailmen/mailwomen. they've all been super cool about leaving the packages on the porch, out of the sun, in a little nook so nobody can see it. the only issue i've had with them is... i got an order from fat one day, and i think the mailman spilled coke on it. it was still wet on the outside, and i opened it up, the posters i ordered with the record were soaked in coke.

We've had the same mail guy for years now. He puts my 12' in the box on nice days which is fine, and in the door when looks like rain. A few years back I never got a few movies I ordered for christmas, but I have no proof that it was 'lost' in the mail. and once there was a little bit of water on one of my orders from asian man, but it was raining pretty hard that day so I wasnt too concerned about mis-handling.

I guess I've been lucky, I'd go postal (pun intended) if one of my orders was destroyed via delivery issues.

I'm a mailman and I've got to tell you, we're not all dicks. On average, a letter carrier delivers to 450-600 addresses everyday. People that a ton of mail always have the smallest mail boxes and people who get a lot of parcels never have a safe place to leave them. If all your packages are so important, get cardboard box and put it in a safe place and write "parcels" on it. Its that easy!

We deal with the occasional hornets nest (which are the worst and if you have one on your property we do not have to deliver any mail to you. And if we get stung the owner of the property is responsible for any medical bills.). But he should not have left them on the front lawn. If you don't want to do the simple box thing, all you have to do is call the post office, ask to speak with a carrier supervisor and they will fill out a hazard/warning card that will say where you want them to be left. If it happens again, call the post master in your town. Takes two minuets. Problem solved.

im convinced my mailman is lasy and just doesnt bring things until he feels like it

That's bullshit. We have 50 supervisors, bosses and inspectors watching our every move. If we come back with undelivered parcels or mail without a reason, we're up shits creek. And the more mail we hold, the more work we have to deal with the next day. Just remember, we can't give you what we don't have.

I came home from lunch about an hour ago and the mailman had just put mail in my mail slot. He then stopped me to scold me about a hornets nest up under the overhang of the roof that I'd never seen before. "No mailman wants to deliver mail with that thing there!" So I come inside... I'll have to get some wasp spray and get it down later.

2 minutes ago, the mailman left two packages of records on my front lawn and didn't even knock on the door or anything. If someone had stolen them, I'd probably figure out a way to ambush him tomorrow with the wasps nest. Give me a fuckin chance to get rid of it first, christ. He was such a dick about the whole thing.

stompem' in the nuts!

I came home from lunch about an hour ago and the mailman had just put mail in my mail slot. He then stopped me to scold me about a hornets nest up under the overhang of the roof that I'd never seen before. "No mailman wants to deliver mail with that thing there!" So I come inside... I'll have to get some wasp spray and get it down later.

2 minutes ago, the mailman left two packages of records on my front lawn and didn't even knock on the door or anything. If someone had stolen them, I'd probably figure out a way to ambush him tomorrow with the wasps nest. Give me a fuckin chance to get rid of it first, christ. He was such a dick about the whole thing.

stompem' in the nuts!

Lethal Interjection crew fan?

Hmmn I may start getting records sent to my Mum's work, as she will always be in and I work in a fucking massive supermarket.

The other day a record got left with our neighbours who I only vaguely know.

They kept an eye out and gave it to my stepdad when he came home from work. So that was better than having to go through getting it redelivered, then finding a time to go to the post office to pick it up.

My regular mailperson leaves all our packages on our enclosed back porch. Subs leave them on the front porch. I go home for lunch almost every day so they are never sitting out front longer than an hour (and the porch has shade from the sun, so it is alright unless it rains).

We're pretty lucky like that I guess.