NFL Discussion

an appeals hearing with the appeals court is in front of 3 judges, and the NFL has to convince 2 of 3.  If they're more conservative/management leaning judges, yes, Brady can still be suspended.  If they're more labor leaning like the District judge that overturned the suspension, then he will more than likely not be suspended.  The appeals court is a different game

the sad thing is that we are wasting tax payer money to have federal judges hear this. If the NFL wins I would not be shocked if Brady appeals again for the supreme court to hear it, just to continue to delay the punishment from being implemented.

This is what pisses me off about all of this. It is bogging down Federal Courts and wasting money on deflated footballs. Such a waste.

he will. all the NFL cares is that Brady plays opening weekend against the steelers as the reigning NFL champs. they will get him to miss games, and it may not be until next year thanks to the fact that the appeals court may not hear the case for awhile.

This seems to imply the NFL purposely lost the first case so that Brady could play opening weekend but they want him suspended later after appeal? Seems pretty far fetched.

They went after Brady with a week case and got smoked. They wanted him suspended week 1. When they lost, they acted like a baby and filed an appeal because they have bottomless pockets and won't admit they were wrong.

The only scheme beyond the obvious that I would buy into is that the whole thing has just been an orchestrated plot between Goodell and the owners to just constantly keep the NFL in the spotlight all year long.

he will. all the NFL cares is that Brady plays opening weekend against the steelers as the reigning NFL champs. they will get him to miss games, and it may not be until next year thanks to the fact that the appeals court may not hear the case for awhile.

That's the gaff. This could be his last season, therefore no suspension.

The Niners are going to be awful this year but at least Jarryd Hayne will be fun to watch 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000521692/Can-t-Miss-Play-Jarryd-Hayne-shows-off-his-power

I love the Hayne Plane but I really don't think they will be as bad as some people are expecting. I think their floor is 7-9.

I love the Hayne Plane but I really don't think they will be as bad as some people are expecting. I think their floor is 7-9.

I hope you're right but have very little faith in this regime. And the NFC West is very tough this year....I'm hoping for 9-7 but think they could fall to 5-11

I agree with you I don't think they will be as bad as people are thinking but the floor is more like 5-11 if things get worse and not better

Fair enough, your floor is more realistic. They are just such an unknown commodity when it comes to turnover in all 3 phases. Usually that means they will have a down season but it doesn't always.

just watched the nfl films "do your job" special on the patriots, and im goddamn weeping over here.

and today i learned that the malcom butler play was actually practiced.. and he got burned badly on it. the tiny adjustment of having browner jam the screen made all the difference in the world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--steelers-irate-that-nfl-didn-t-force-pats-to-turn-off-headsets-amid-pittsburgh-s-own-radio-issues-065304894.html

you would think that a franchise worth billions owned by a billionaire could afford to have better communication systems in place for teams, lol, the hits keep on coming

How about the Raiders signing Aldon Smith... why is it that the Niners are at fault if they had kept him but the Raiders are applauded for stealing a cheap difference maker?

That shit, and the Greg Hardy shit and the Frank Clark shit is why the NFL is a joke. Prosecute a guy for something stupid and roll over on players committing real crimes. And I'm no Brady lover.

How about the Raiders signing Aldon Smith... why is it that the Niners are at fault if they had kept him but the Raiders are applauded for stealing a cheap difference maker?

I'm not sure who is applauding this, but generally once a high talent guy has overstayed his welcome somewhere and is still physically able to play someone else will give them a shot. In all likelihood he will be suspended to some extent. I'd still say the 49ers made the right move no matter what, the guy is a mess.

The commentary I've seen so far is basically how smart the Raiders were to sign him. And it's not just them, he chose OAK over 3 other teams.

Like I said, someone was going to give him a shot. Whether or not it is a "good move" will remain to be seen, basically whether or not he can clean himself up.